Trip to Utah 5/13/-5/23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edelweiss

Reaction score
Hi All-
Dick, Valerie and I are back from an amazing adventure to southern Utah where we backpacked into slot canyons Buckskin Gulch/Paria Canyon, hiked in Zion National Park, toured Glen Canyon Dam, visited Pipe Stream National Monument, explored an old town called Phareah and the remains of an old movie set, hiked a portion of the South Kaibab Trail from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, investigated coral sand dunes in Coral Sand Dunes State Park, and took many pictures. Dick will write a more detailed report soon, but I wanted to post some of the pics. They are arranged by Days 1 - 11.
We flew from Newark to Las Vegas, rented a car, and ......... our adventure began:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Last edited:
What a great adventure! I enjoyed the slideshow of familiar places and others yet to be visited. I'll be in Escalante in May next year (we were there in April) so I can see more flowers. Loved the rattlesnake!

I had a hard time navigating thru the pix. It kept looping me back to day 1. But the tiny thumbnail pix look nice :) .

Thanks everybody. Yes, after visiting the Grand Canyon last year, we knew we had to go back. We were drawn to Buckskin Gulch/Paria Canyon which are considered by many to be the most dramatic of the slot canyons. We weren't disappointed. The 14 mile first day through Buckskin Gulch was challenging but doable. Pictures of course don't do justice to the majesty of sheer rock walls and brilliant colors of flowers and vegetation. I would definitely recommend a visit! We only skimmed the surface of possibilities for hiking and backpacking in Zion, Escalante, Vermillion Cliffs area and then there's Bryce etc. etc. Overwhelming!

Small world!
I recently took a little trip out west and was at the Grand Canyon on 5/22! It was my sister's first trip there and it was fun to see her expression when she saw the canyon views for the first time! I was equally as excited to see Zion! Gotta love the West!! Sounds like you had a fun trip!