Tripyramids 8-5-06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticks

Reaction score
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:46 pm** *Post subject: Tripyarmids 8-5-06
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to all (Alpinista, Tomahawk, TramperAl and Kevin Rooney) who responed to my question of which trail to take to the TriPs. You all suggested the loop from Sabbaday to Pine Brook with a road walk back to
the Sabbaday trail head. This is what I did and it was a great hike.

Did this loop on Saturday, hit the trailhead at 8:30 with only one other car there. Temps were in low 60's with clear skies. Checked out the falls and very nice. Bugs were a bit bad here so I kept moving.
You were not kidding on the number of river crossings.....lost count but all easy to get across. Several blow downs along this entire loop but all easy to get around. Nasty one lower down on Pine Brook Trail.
The upper part of Sabbaday was great, some steeps and a little bit of scrambles. Lots of fun. I love steeps
Hit the summit of Middle Peak with great views and no bugs. had a snack and headed over to N. Peak where I ran into the first people I had seen all day.
Tagged North Peak, no views, (if you go down a little bit of a side trail you will have fine views of Mt Washington and the Pressies) and headed on down. Hit the Kanc and had to walk approx 1 mile back to my truck. Lots of traffic blowing by me and when I got to the trailhead at 2:00 and the parking lot was now full.
People everywhere. Headed on back down the Kanc toward Conway where I saw more and more cars parked all over the place and people swimming in the river.
Great trip and will have to go back to go up the n. slide. That sounds like a blast

Happy Trails

Sticks

Nice trip report! I'm really glad you had a great time. Now that we're "even," I may have to grab one more soon. ;) Did you take any pics? I always like your pictures so much better than mine. Looking forward to hiking together again soon. :)

Hey Roxi, great to hear from you! Yes I did take some pics but will post later, crashed the computer last night :mad:

I am hiking this Saturday, not sure where, any ideas??

Sticks said:
Hey Roxi, great to hear from you! Yes I did take some pics but will post later, crashed the computer last night :mad:

Been there, done that. Don't worry, the computer will get over it. ;)

Sticks said:
I am hiking this Saturday, not sure where, any ideas??

I'll think about it during my trip north today and will let you know tomorrow. I really like the idea we talked about yesterday of finishing the 48 together. :) Think about what you want to finish on, and we'll pick something else for Sat.