Tubbs snowshoes moves to China

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... wonder if the chinese know what "lifetime warranty" means? i just got one pair back from tubbs reapair two days ago.

Well, I hope Ed Kiniry can use his talents to design and produce, locally I hope, the next generation of snowshoes and binders ... unless he's strapped into a non-compete agreement.

... and this is a great place to develop new ideas. Mine is, look at the Northern Lite bindings. Are titanium and kevlar in the future for snowshoes? How about a modified three pin boot/bindings set that performs well on snowshoes, xc skis and barebooting?

Last edited:
Check out Dion snowshoes. Hand crafts every pair in southern VT. Super cool high quality shoes. I've used them at some of the snowshoe races in the area. Nice guy too.

Watch out on the Northern Lights bindings. I have Northern Lights Elites. Great shoe, but the binding is probably the weakest part.

>The heel strap needs to be modified with an instep loop, or it slips down off the heel of some boots.

>At VERY cold temperatures (-25F), the rubber straps no longer stretch, so they don't really tighten.

Other than that, it's a great shoe.

TCD

Everything is not about the bottom line

I LOOK at where things I buy are made and wiil gladly pay more from North American made products. If K2 marketed the domestic angle they might be suprised.

I don't buy that

When I Froogle snowshoes I see some made in USA ones. Why can they compete and K2/Tubbs can't? K2 has a bicycle line too that is all imported as far as I know but Trek and Cannondale seem to do OK competing against them. Personally, I don't want the cheapest snowshoes since I depend on them.