Tuckerman Ravine Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tucks is full of snow,looks like every route is skiable when it firms up,was just there today

well, i talked to darren the other day, and i think the plan is to camp at barne's field on Friday and Saturday night.

I know Saturday is a definite if it is not doing the r word (edited per giggy's request) for hiking Tucks. I'm not sure about Sunday (at least for us).

if the weather is TERRIBLE, I personally will not be doing anything other than maybe shopping for new boots and some crampons. The soles of my hiking boots are completely split in half (i didn't notice till this weekend), they are no longer waterproof, and i need to upgrade from my four point step-ins.

If it "does the r word", I doubt darren will want to go and bring all his camara gear, so it could possibly be a no-go, but i don't want to speak for him, because he can do whatever he wants to do.

Does that help? we usually just plan to take friday off, go prepared for anything, then wing it from there.

Last edited:
sounds good - I also got friday off and lookin to hike - hoping to climb sat in huntington and then come down via right gully (want to avoid lion head like the plague) and work on my sun tan in the afternoon and shoot the breeze with all the folks taking pix of the nude folks :eek: and then head back to barnes and do my best shane macgowan impression with the drinks

lets not mouth that bad word (rain)

Can't wait

I am in for sure, unless of course it's seriously doing the "r" word.

Andy, the 2 dogs and I are planning to head up after work on Friday, probably arrive around 9 or 10.

Giggy, I'd love to get in on the climbing action on Saturday.

Andy and the dogs are going to park themselves at the bottom of the bowl, drink beer, and keep an eye out for naked skiiers. I suppose he may be up for a hike as well.

We'll stay Saturday night as well, and we'll be open to different options on Sunday. Not sure what time we plan to leave, late afternoon maybe.

You bunch of copycat maggots! I had planned on camping at Barnes this Friday night through Wednesday for months! My good friend Pennsy will be there as well. :D :D :D

See you guys there. Looking forward to meeting those I haven't and seeing those again I have.

-Jamie

:D

Oh yeah, Bruce (Pennsy) will be finishing up his 48 on Carrigain on Sunday. We're doing the Tripyramids on Saturday for his 46th and 47th. I don't think he'll mind me saying anyone is invited to come along if they wish to do so.

NOAA forecast is currently calling for a 30% chance of rain on Saturday. Not bad, hopefully it won't change much (yeah, right). :D

I am gona be there on friday afternoon. Who else is coming on Friday? I will bring my grill and some tarps. Oh and some firewood. :D

Last edited:
Given the weather I'm gonna bag. The only reason I was going was to shoot pics of skiers (all of them, not just the topless ones!), and that would only work in full sunlight. That and I'm sick of ice. :)

Have a great time, everyone!

come on michealJ - don't be a pooper just yet -

the weather is way to early to tell - the maps this am show northern NH in the clear all weekend basically and the rain staying in mass/ri - this will change 10 times prior to sat - so i am not in panic mode yet about the rain and remaining upbeat. worst case is we may get a couple of showers - doesn't look like any all day rain event right now anyway you slice it. but that could change 10 time as I mentioned

I will be there rain or shine - worst case scenerio is drinking in the woods with freinds - and that is fun too! :) :eek:

shizzmac said:
I am gona be there on friday afternoon. Who else is coming on Friday? I will bring my grill and some tarps. Oh and some firewood. :D

NICE!!! I'm psyched for a Shizz-burger!!!

Just got back from yet another trip away for work. I'm psyched to head to NH this weekend. Carmel ans I will be driving up on Friday and plan on camping at Barnes Field thru Sun. If the weather is decent Sat or Sun we will head into Tux.

Like Carmel said, if the weather is bad, then we will do Shizzmac's favorite activity and "go shopping in N. Conway". :rolleyes:

So what is the final roll-call? Who is in?

- darren