Twins & possibly?? Bonds Sat. 2/24

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildPeaks

Reaction score
Hi All,

This Sat. Jim L, myself & possibly a couple of others are going up the Twins from Seven Dwarfs. That is our first goal!
If the conditions are good & we are up to it, we'll continue on & hit the Bonds as well. I know this would be a long day, for me anyway, but W. Bond & Bond are on my Winter 4k to do list & I know I'm not the only one that needs them.
Last Fri. Pucknuts & myself had to call it quits on Zealand due to just the 2 of us breaking trail. So if you want to add to the effort & go for these peaks, feel free to join us.
It won't be a blistering pace, (I'll be there). We are meeting at Lincoln Woods at 6:30 to spot a vehicle, just in case, then driving to Twin. I'm guessing we'll be hiking by 7:15.
The Bonds are not a guaranty but will be seriously considered at S. Twin. Either way it will be a great day.

Sunday?

In case your plans change, I would be very interested in joining such an expedition on Sunday.

Twins and Bonds Saturday

Hi,

I'm heading up Twins and Bonds as well on Saturday. I was thinking of starting from the Garfield Trail and go up Garfield first though. An option could be that I start from Lincoln Woods and head up Bonds and then towards South Twin and see where we meet. I'm guessing Gale River Trail is most broken from the north.

Mats

Saturday for Twins Bonds

Hi, I'm going to be up in that area packing trails as well. I was thinking doing Garfiled from Garfield Trail and then follow ridge to South Twin and continue to Bonds. Depending on conditions doing North Twin and Zealand on the way.
Initially I was thinking of overnighting up there so I can get up early Sunday to pack more trails. But also open to do two daily trips. I could also start from the south and meet you guys somewhere between Bonds and South Twin. That way you know someone is working towards you from the other side. I have space for 4 passengers in my car if anyone needs a ride back from Lincoln Woods up north afterwards on Saturday.

I can also start with you guys and help you pack.

Let me know what you think.

What is Seven Dwarfs by the way?

Cheers, Mats

Hi Mat,

Seven Dwarfs is a B&B in Twin MT. on Little River Rd. He charges a small fee to park there, because it makes it difficult to plow if you park at the end of the road which is a little over a 1/4 mi. further up.
We are still meeting at Lincoln Woods at 6:30 tomorrow to drop off one vehicle. Then heading to Twin.
You can either come from the south & meet in the middle or start with us. I do want to let you know that if conditions aren't good, we won't continue past S. Twin. Last I checked, there's still a chance of strong winds on the higher summits and the area between the Twins & Bonds has some real high exposure.
So while we would love to get the Bonds as well, my do or die days are behind me. It's going to be a great day regardless & we'll go for it if everyone is up for it. But it would be nice to be alive to climb again. :)