Two fox sightings in four days

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have not seen any fox, coyote or rabbit around our yard in a while. I assume it's a cyclical thing and that we'll see rabbit, and then the others, rebound. I'm hoping it's not a disease thing. Turkey populations are way down the last couple years due to the cold, wet springs.

Foxy

I've definitely noticed an increased number of foxes, including mothers with foxlets, in central Vermot, so their increased presence seems to be widespread.
John

I saw a fox along the side of Rt 3 in Twin Mountain saturday night and another very close to I93 near Franconia sunday morning. The second fox, in particular, had a very pronounced rings on its tail.

Interesting info Chip. As a young person I never saw raptors. Now they are living in Boston, and there is a bald eagle couple living in a park near my parents home in Columbus, OH.

My first fox sighting was at Zealand Hut in winter about 5 years ago. This Spring we saw a relatively healthy-looking fox (for early spring) hanging out in the parking lot at Bretton Woods. Sounds like they are making a come back. At least I hope so! Nothing like the bat sightings.

Love the animal threads here!