Una_dogger's Almanac: Summer 2008 Weather Predictions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Next summer will be full of bluebird days and we are all going to hike our @$$es off.

C'mon now, if we believe.... :p ...the sky is the limit!

What's on tap for you?

I've got:
Devil's Path Traverse
Finishing the 46 on Haystack, Memorial Day Weekend, Come one - Come all
Great Range Traverse
Presi Traverse
Finishing the 48/67/115--potential for all-on-one-summit :D
Birthday on Katadhin
Ten days of roadtripping/mini-backpacking peakbagging jaunt through Maine
Chase Corporate Challenge Road Race
One day Pemi Loop ??

Last edited:
My summer to do List!!

In no particular order of importance:
Solo Pemi Loop peakbagging trip with two nights out, Guyot and 13 Falls.
Hike the new Grafotn Notch loop in maine.
Late May trip to BSP.
Late September trip to BSP.
If time allows, the Bigelow Range in Maine, I haven't done this in far too many years.

I hate to see skiing winding down but warm weather is sounding better and better.

hmmmmmm, lots of stuff. I have a few BIG plans, mostly out west.

I do plan on finishing a 4 compass point of a very tuff ADK summit. Plus, add a few bushwhacks sprinkled in here and there. I also still have a bunch of peaks on my "I don't give a crap what I'm climbing list" that I NEED to finish.

It looks to be a good year. :D

One of my goal is to hike from the LOj to Marcy via Phelps and Tabletop without using any trails.

But, my biggest goal is to party at Barnes Field. :)

For me...

Attempt at a certain Alaskan peak. :eek:
(Oh, pleeeeeaze let Sabrina's weather prediction be realized!)

Hopefully finally finish my Colorado 14ers, ~10 more to go.
Crew/pace at Hardrock 100?

State high points for MT, ID, WY & UT?

Trip back East in September. Long Trail? NH 4's for old times sake? VT50?

Most importantly, continue to have fun and enjoy life to the fullest.
:) :D :cool:

* Finish my NEHH.
* Spend time in Baxter.
* Backpack the Grafton Loop.
* Do my first century ride.
* Get back behind the camera lens.
* Lose weight on the weekend & not regain it midweek.
And a few other things (you can guess) that I go along for. :cool:

Last edited:
Neil said:
One of my goal is to hike from the LOj to Marcy via Phelps and Tabletop without using any trails.
Neil, I wanted to do a reenactment of the first accent by the same route they took bushwhacking the whole way only M&C. How does that sound?
:cool:

Goals for 2008-

--finish the 46

--start on the 48 with the Presi Traverse.

--continue chipping away at the 46W.

--reach new heights with conditioning.

--as MichaelJ said --keep the weight off once I get it off ! I'm either putting it on or taking it off.

Well, I AM NOT going to work my second job every weekend this summer unlike the past 2 summers.

I have 2 half marathon trail runs and one 30K trail run on my schedule. I have several sprint triathlons planned starting in May. I have a spring trip to Assateague for kayking. I am also planning to go to my familys camp in north central Penna for some hiking; PA grand canyon and maybe some of the Finger Lakes Trail. There is a mountain bike trip or two on the agenda I am planning 2 weeks in Maine for kayaking and hiking. Plan to go to the ADK's for peak_bgrs annual event. Planning some Lake Champlain kayaking that trip too. I also plan some lazy days on the beach working on a suntan while drinking mojitos.

My almanac is the same for summer, winter, spring, and fall.. I plan to have fun this summer, rain or shine, snow or mud.

Jay

I'm looking to do some Maine 3K's. I also hope to scare myself on a few Colorado 14er's.

Putting on the backpack and heading West!!

Plans are to see new sights, hike new terrain, take thousands of pictures from beautiful mountaintops, stay away from poison oak, and enjoy every step of every day!! That's what it's all about :D

Reactions: arm
Laurie and I are planning:

VNBs New Hampshire with some 4Ks thrown in for fun!

VNBs CT ?

VNBs NJ.

A couple of Colorado 14R's. (Now there's a contrast!)

Leading some hikes for the Catskill 3500 Club.

1.) Rainier in May-June.
2.) Make some progress on the NEHH.
3.) AT corridor maintainence.
4.) I'll be in Lost Wages, NV in September. Since I have no interest in gambling and about the same interest in Wayne Newton, I'm going to try to do Charleston Peak.

My plans:

Finish the NE67 (on Camel's Hump)
Finish the NEHH (on Baldpate)
Revisit some of my favorite peaks and hikes
Presie Traverse (before I get too old)
Trek Across Maine bike ride
More overnight trips!
Experience sunset on West Bond!

*Finish the Maine portion of the AT.
*Hike Katahdin again(for the 11th time), and get Hamlin, Brothers, Fort, and Coe.
*Hike the Mahoosuc stretch of the AT to NH.
*Cycle 1,500 miles by mid-June.
*Cycle 10 centuries this year.
*Grow a garden, paint the house, and clean out the barn.

let go of limiting thought and realize your full potential

Stinkyfeet said:
Attempt at a certain Alaskan peak. :eek:
(Oh, pleeeeeaze let Sabrina's weather prediction be realized!)

Sweet! Very awesome, SF. Will be keeping fingers and toes crossed for you for unlimited endurance, sunshine by day and Northern Lights at night. (OK, so if the sun never sets that time of year....duh...its a nice sentiment :p )

I'm so revved that you all chose to share in this thread!!! :) Everyone sounds like they've got some really great goals....and some very unique.

Last edited:
ColdRiverRun said:
Neil, I wanted to do a reenactment of the first accent by the same route they took bushwhacking the whole way only M&C. How does that sound?
:cool:
Can you elaborate more?

This winter has cemented into my brain what a blessing it is to hike in the mountains in warm weather. I will cherish every hike this summer.

No goals, but I have a few loose plans:

-enjoy the Perseid Meteor Shower from an alpine location during a two-day backpack, probably in the Presidentials.

-hike Beaver Brook Trail during high water to Mt. Moosilauke. Haven't hiked that mtn. in many years and never hiked the entire BBT

-hike in the Mahoosucs for the first time

- Lake Umbagog in late summer

-maybe BSP in autumn

happy spring :)