Vapor Barrier Socks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachand

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of vapor barrier socks for x-mas and I was just wondering when the best time to use them would be? Also, how are they suppose to work?

I have a plan for vapor barrier socks and you can read about its details on my web site at: http://home.comcast.net/~pinnah/DirtbagPinner/vb.txt

Aside for afka_bob, my apologies for the crude text format of the file. As you know, you go to web publishing with the web site that you have, not the web site that you want. You, and the rest of the american public, can be assured that we are agressively working to up-format all of my web pages.

Carry on.

aside from your qualified apology....

That's it man. I'm callin you out. Thursday? Give a call tonight. ;)

Who among us [all Americans, some Canadians, even -- why, even some folks from New Jersey] have not hoped that you would get around to that? I have a plan [to improve your website], which you can read about on my website....

Last edited:
where do I wear VB socks?

When I say "socks" i mean bread bags or similar. Should I wear them on the skin?

For a VB bag liner made out of a trash bag do I need to sinch it tight at the top like a gasket to prevent vapor loss?
My idea is to bring a leef trash bag and put it up to my waste and using some creative duck tape work and bungy work sinch it around my belly area. This will hopefully help my legs stay warmer. I usually wear a nylon long sleeve + fleece layer + 700w North Face Parka while I sleep along with a balavca and warm hat. Does this sleep system make sense?

that sounds right

(Read about this in my soon-to-be-published feel-good book, Everything I needed to know I learned on Dave.M's website :))

VB "socks": when I use them, I put on synthetic liner socks, then the vb layer (plastic newspaper sleeves in my case), then an insulating sock.

VB sleeping bag liner: I took two trash bags, slit the bottom of one, taped them together with duct tape to make one long bag. Then I folded the top flap over a light shock cord loop (and cord lock) and taped the flap with several segments of duct tape so that I could cinch it tighter around my shoulders. One continuous strip of tape seemed too stiff to cinch tightly. It worked pretty well, I think.

Make sure you keep your head OUT of the VB liner, of course!