Vermont 50 -- Results?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
There were like 100 VFTT'ers running this race. Let's get some results up!!

-Dr. Wu

Keep an eye on the Vermont 50 links on this page for unofficial results from the company that does the timing.

Currently the links *do not work* but hopefully will be made functional when the preliminary results are ready.

Times. I want freaking TIMES! I know y'all finished!

-Dr. Wu

geez.
not really sure of everyones times.
our team(sue biscuit/caveman and myself) finished in 11hrs 30 mintues something like that.

oh yeah, SHAKE AND BAKE

Last edited:
Calm down...working on the pics...

Mats time I have...10:32:52 for 50 miles in mud / muck & rain...amazing Team effort on relay too!!

Ryan did incredible time, don't have exact...:eek:

Rob finished strong!
Mookie kicked some serious time on his leg of relay, Steve & Sue were strong too!!

Pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/hikerdd13/VT50Race?feat=directlink

Thanks for the photos darl! you rule, and your pasta and veggie marinara wasnt so bad either! actually all the food was fantastic!
I wish we had some photos of the actual trails in the woods, the finish line doesnt make it look so bad.

oh yeah, thanks to caveman for letting us crash/party and for letting us watch shoot em' up at the cave!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting pictures Darlene - I'll see if I have any that turned out and post them later. The pics don't really make the conditions look as nasty as they were. Running through the slippery muck all day (or, for those poor mtn bikers, pushing the bike up AND down the hills) surely made a difficult task even more challenging. Every one of our friends who participated did an outstanding job.

Was fun being part of the Shake n'Bake team! It never, ever got old listening to MEB yell at every passing runner/biker "Go #1234...Shake n'Bake!!!" and having them laugh and shake their heads in amusement/confusion. :D:D

Hell yeah Mats! Fourth in your age group at such a big race is awesome. In this sport many of the greats tend to be what the normal public considers "older" and why that thinking is full of shhitt.

This was a lot of fun sliding in the mud :D
It was inspiring to have so many VFTT dudes and dudettes along the course :)

Here are the complete results: http://www.vermont50.com/html/2009_results.html#50M

Looks like 144 runners started the 50-miler. 26 dropped out along the way. 118 finished.

It was truck loads of mountain bikers who bailed also - very understandable.......I passed one guy who pushed his bike up a hill around mile 35 and I asked him where his chain was. He said "I lost it in the mud and couldn't find it".

Another dude at mile 46 passed on a bike down a steep hill and there was a wide board across the creek at the bottom. In the last minute the bike slid to the right and crashed into the creek. The bike stayed in the creek and he bounced to the left up on the board ripped his pants apart. I went to check on him and he was fine.....just a bit bruised here and there. It was very tough for the bikers.....

Great fun.......and will be back next year!

Shake and Bake!
talladega-nights-funny-shirt-shake-and-bake-300x240.gif

No women in my age group...only one that didn't finish...hmmmm

Maybe have a chance,.....sometimes it pays to be old!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve for being an excellent host,as always.
Thanks to all the Shakers and Bakers.
What a beautiful course,despite the weather and conditions.
Wrapping up an awesome week that began with a pemi loop Monday.
An event like this can really test you,and you learn alot about yourself.
Several moments of clarity along the way.

40-49/Male 13 MATS ROING BRIGHTON LA 10:32:52

Louisiana?
no love for massachusetts mats?

Never saw that.....was just too eager to see if I beat Cruddy Toes PB of 10:34 ;).......maybe next time I register it will read Shake and Bake City, MA :D