Video Trip Report for all 35 Catskill 3500'rs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DANG, I thought you all had yet to complete these.
I have to say me and my wife spent quite some time last night viewing the Whites, and my 2 boys watched several (hand selected for content) of them this morning !
Great work, guys. I'd pay money to see them all together somewhere.

the triple-dog-dare of the tongue-on-a-frozen-flagpole reference on Slide is most entertaining.

I think you could sell the sound track and recipe book and retire.

Last edited:
Bird Reviews Birdhead Catskill Vids

Once again, I'll give you all the BEST of here, so you don't waste time downloading the lame ones (are there any?? prob a few!) :p
These were our 2nd attempt at getting our sh*t together filming. The first ones were the ADK 46, we had a hand-crank vid cam and an atari for video editing, Catskills, we got a little bit better technology and actually started doing some skits towards the end of the 35.. hope you like! My personal fav is SLIDE (our 35th, we got a little wasted on the summit!)

Slide 4,180 * * * * booze blast on 35! (best vid)
Hunter 4,040 forgot
Black Dome 3,980 * kid comes along to cause ruckus
Blackhead 3,940 * not sure
Thomas Cole 3,940 not sure
West Kill 3,880 * Kid with us
Graham 3,868 * * decent GRAM skit
Cornell 3,860 not much going on OK for views
Doubletop 3,860 * * * GET LOST DIET.. pretty cool vid!
Table 3,847 * * * * one of the coolest vids we did.. crazy trip!! :)
Peekamoose 3,843 somewhat ok
Plateau 3,840 * * Bird plays guitar all the way up Mt.... ROCK ON!!!
Sugarloaf 3,800 :mad: CORRUPT FILE!! THESE GUYS SUCK!
Wittenberg 3,780 decent
South West Hunter 3,740 worst vid of the bunch :(
Lone 3,721 * * pretty cool
Balsam Lake 3,720 * * * BEAVER FEAVER diet :p
Panther 3,720 * We act like Homeys.. WORD UP G
Big Inidan 3,700 forgot
Friday 3,694 * * * kinda cool FRIDAY the movie skit BAD BUSHWACK
Rusk 3,680 We PRETEND we are nerds on this one! :D
Kaaterskill High Peak 3,655 ok
Twin 3,640 Vid of world's coolest natural lean-to.
Balsam Cap 3,623 forgot
Fir 3,620 * * * kinda cool play on words FIR
North Dome 3,610 Kid came along I think, he makes for interesting video
Balsam 3,600 * not sure
Bearpen 3,600 * * * did version of DELIVERENCE
Eagle 3,600 BEAR BAG DIET skit.. ok vid.. nothing to write mom about!
Indian Head 3,573 not sure
Sherrill 3,540 :) :) :) * * * POSITIVE VIDEO
Vly 3,529 * * * * SOME BIRDHEAD TRAIL SAFETY TIPS
Windham High Peak 3,524 The first vid... not worth the dl, I'm not in it!! :p
Halcott 3,520 * * * Kid gets lost
Rocky 3,508 * * * did ROCKY Balboa skit

as you can see I forgot alot.. now what was I talking about?????? :confused:

Last edited:
Mike BIRD Mammy said:
Once again, I'll give you all the BEST of here, so you don't waste time downloading the lame ones (are there any?? prob a few!) :p ... My personal fav is SLIDE (our 35th, we got a little wasted on the summit!)

Slide 4,180 * * * * booze blast on 35! (best vid)

Hey, I'm reporting you guys to Ranger Dick for violating LNT (more than once)! :D

OK, I've only had a chance to watch a few of your videos and I'm totally horrified......:(

what kind of example are you setting for our VFTT children? Totally un PC and filled with foul language, sexual innuendos, and alcohol consumption.....:mad:

In one of them I even noticed you had a dog running around in the woods with you unleashed...... :eek:

FOR THE HUMOR CHALLENGED - I'm kidding, OK? Let Rover run free but as for the alcohol consumption..... let's just say I think you guys might need some guides on your next Catskill hike to teach you how to drink responsibly..... :p

birdo defense..

Just a note to defend ourselves about the booze. Yeah we might take a few pulls off the bottle... but we have never been really 'bombed' on the trail... We usually exxaggerate drunkenness (Slide Mt, Adams) for a joke.

You can't please everyone, and it was never our intention to dis-respect or set a bad example. To prove that point download>>> MOOSILAUKE NH to see how we feel about littering. ;)

As far as the mutt running loose, I consider it very dangerous to have a dog leashed on steep inclines and declines. I'd rather get barked at then to ruin a trip with a broken leg caused by the dog falling off a cliff with me attached. :D

and last but not least, the foul language. I think I only know two people who don't swear.. But of them are mutes...

MIKE MAMMY (birdo)

TR,
We're working on the 115 (We still have 2 more trips to Maine...saving Katahdin for last:)).
Now for the proof....ummm......well actually....ummmm......we really didn't do wint......ummmm........JUST JIVIN' YA! Here's the pics.(Didn't take any winter video footage (Cept Slide...our 39th) cuz I was being paranoid that my cam would mess up in the cold.(Now I know differently, of course :rolleyes: )
Here's your proof:Blackhead
Balsam
Panther
Slide

Last edited:
Head said:
TR,
We're working on the 115 (We still have 2 more trips to Maine...saving Katahdin for last:)).
Oh man, I'd pay good money to be a fly on the pack for that Katahdin trip.
You guys need a Roadie ? Best Boy ? :eek: (save the jokes for the film...) :cool: