Vodka bottle

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of thoses "clean canteens" frankly I did not like the stainless steel and have gone back to nalagene bottles. As far as vodka goes, I bought one of those gallon size premixed screwdriver mix once, cant drink vodka any more.:eek:

I use BPA-era* version of this Nalgene to carry my backcountry Beam bourbon. The bottle won't get insanely cold the way that metal vodka bottle will when you try to warm yourself up on a -20 day.

*I figure years of storing bourbon in it should have leached all the BPA out by now, so it should be safe. ;)

Last edited:
I use BPA-era* version of this Nalgene to carry my backcountry Beam bourbon. The bottle won't get insanely cold the way that metal vodka bottle will when you try to warm yourself up on a -20 day.

*I figure years of storing bourbon in it should have leached all the BPA out by now, so it should be safe. ;)

Now you've done it, taken all the fun out of this. :(

No wait I'll use gloves and carry it inside my coat. :)

Actually I'll be home on a -20 day.

According to This Review the Vodka is pretty bad.

It's cheap and if I get stuck out over night I can start a fire with it.. :p Nah I'd just drink it.

And it would be legal in the wilderness areas of the ADKs!

Jay

Actually, I think glass containers are only banned in the High Peaks Wilderness Area. I'm fairly certain they are legal in other Wilderness Areas. There are plans to adjust the law to ban glass in all wilderness areas (the UMPs call for it) but as far as I know, it hasn't been done yet.

They are also banned at state beaches, as well as a few specific spots, like the Zoar Multiple Use Area.

Which is interesting, as it means that the glass containers used for a lot of water purification systems are illegal...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the vodka sold in upstate NY called 46 Peaks? Real potato vodka. I think I'll get some for FYAO.

Yup! :D A little pricy but good. I buy it when I'm up in the Dacks because of it's uniqueness and the support for "buy local".

Buy local is almost always more expensive but I like the idea that the $ goes right back into the community.