Vose Spur 11/6/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean G.

Reaction score
Started from the interior trailhead on Sawyer River Road (Gate is still open) so I saved myself 4 miles :D Set out around 8:30. trail was muddy from the rain earlier in the week. All the stream crosses are managable. Hope your boots are water proof At boulder that marks the beginning of herd path. It actually starts 40 feet up the trail from the boulder. This is were I had a stairing contest with a pine martin. It was fun watching him try and figure out what I was. After the stair down. I proceeded up the herd path. Lost the path imediately, but once I got up the small drainage to the ridge I was back on it. Herd path is very obvious from the ridge to the top. Little snow patchs. Very steep and slippery because rain drops turned to icy sheen up high. pretty views from rock slide area. Was at the top by 11:30. Nice new looking cannister. Signed in sent some pictures to friends and was back at my truck by 2pm. #89/100 :D PAtN and Scar Ridge left for NH. Might be doing Scar Ridge on Tue. Nov. 9 anyone?