Vose Spur

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkJ

Reaction score
He was up there waiting,we didn't know it,although Neighbor felt this hike was different somehow.It was a typical early spring ascent,streams running a little higher ,snow melting,making for a wet one ,especially a bushwack.At the start we caught remnants of the herdpath,faint ,but there.Further up we strayed ,and putting on the gortex pants was manditory.Up past the steepest section (where my snowshoes fell off twice)we rested,and thought we heard something ,other than the snow crashing down from branches as it melted.We dismissed it and moved on.Before the Talus slope a thicket of spruce soaked us totally.Every inch of clothing was drenched,something lead us in there.In the distance I heard Neighbor Yell "Spongebob,Spongebob,yes"!!He had found our new hiking companion safe ,hanging from a spruce bough.The 3 of us went up together to the summit cannister, high 5's all around,tho Spongebob's little hands were soaking up the water,puffy and wet.He couldn't even sign the register,but we did,while he watched.Down we went ,shoes soaked with water,Spongbob gained 14ozs from the wetness .At the truck ,we squeezed him dry and hung him in Neighbor's truck,his new home.He will now complete 9 more hundred highest with Dave , saved from the eternity that is "The Vose Spur".He is Spongebob Key Chain Jr:) :)

ahhhhhhhh.......I don't know anything about leaving another Sponge Bob in the woods. Yeah, that is my story and I am sticking to it. Apparently leave no trace is something I need to improve on.

key chain

Hey,that spongebob thing could have fallen from a plane.Once on Equinox ,a Swissair cocktail swizzler was on the back porch next to me when I was checking the view.I thought it may have fallen from a plane;)

I saw him jumping from a plane on to Whiteface last August on a covert mission to stop people from walking on alpine vegetation. He is working for the man. Or as some people call it the NY DEC.

Mission

Good one Songebob,Spongebob keychain is on a vision quest.He has conquered Mendon,and will continue on ,thanks to hikers like you...:D :D

spongebob squarepants keychain junior

he's now a 2000 miler!! he's goin' fer the triple crown!! he's nuts!!! :D :D