"Warm smell of colitas (well, creosote), rising up through the air"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would certainly be interested in helping out with a volunteer effort. Who here has the ability to approach the USFS with a feasible plan? I wouldn't even know where to begin...

Great idea. Talking to someone in the Pemi district office would be the place to start.

Interesting. What do you mean by that? My question is not meant to be confrontational at all. I'm really curious why you'd say that. If the object of their spite is hikers, couldn't they tick off more hikers by removing that (intentionally) wobbly tacoma-narrows bridge in the Great Gulf, which I believe is along the AT? Why such selective spite?

To get us back closer to shore, the Pemi suspension bridge was removed soon after a prolonged cat and mouse game of installing (hikers) and removing (USFS) cairns marking the base of the Owls Head slide trail. In my view, the USFS trumped that game by removing the suspension bridge a few miles away, for spite. I obviously do not have any proof for the purpose of the USFS action, but after reading all of their other explanations over and over, I came up with my own. The debris left next to the old bridge site also could be a pile of spite. :)

Last edited:
there is also a nice blue tarp just before what remains of the black brook bridge. it's mostly covering old timbers as far as i could tell. also some large metal beams that have been torch cut into smaller pieces.
Just a few steps away is a full-length railroad rail that they didn't bother to cut up when they had the torch...

The project plan included removal of the material by draft horse if I recall, the plan should not have been approved until this was found to be feasible and until funds were available

I am not going to help carry it out, let Molly do it since this was her idea

Just a few steps away is a full-length railroad rail that they didn't bother to cut up when they had the torch...

The project plan included removal of the material by draft horse if I recall, the plan should not have been approved until this was found to be feasible and until funds were available

I am not going to help carry it out, let Molly do it since this was her idea

I believe that this full-length rail must remain because of the Federal Antiquities act.

Is Molly still around? I thought that she was an interim hired gun to carry out USFS dirty work?

In any case, I ain't no draft horse, so will not be participating in this clean up.

I believe that this full-length rail must remain because of the Federal Antiquities act.

Is Molly still around? I thought that she was an interim hired gun to carry out USFS dirty work?

In any case, I ain't no draft horse, so will not be participating in this clean up.

AMEN!

I mean, that pile of *()*)& is BIG!!!! (anybody who's volunteering - have you *seen* the stuff in-person?????) How many human back injuries does it take to get that out???? Even one biga$$ piece at a time doesn't seem fair for a draft horse.... even a BUDteam :)

Why is the FS supposedly now OKing the moving of the pile NOW? Isn't that NOW covered by the federal antiquities act?

(I will CLEARLY not be volunteering....)

Last edited: