Washington 7/3/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamples

Reaction score
So yesterday was my 5th time in 5 years of climbing Washington. 5 years in a row! Never thought I would do that after the first time! To shake things up from the norm, we decided on a new trails for ourselves in taking Boott Spur up and then down Lions Head. Loved going up Boott and would easily take that route again. Started at 6AM and was at the top of Washington just after 10AM. Hurricane force 99mph winds really slowed us down a bit going up once we hit the wide-open. Luckily those forcefull winds didn't last all day... just for a good half hour or so. Stayed up top until 11AM and then headed down Tucks to Lions Head which was awesome as well. Back at the car by 2 so not too shabby and felt decent! Great route for Washington!

July 3rd, I did great gulf trail to mt. Washington, Crawford Path to lakes, run up monroe, back to lake, Tuck crossover to Alpine garden trail, all the way to auto road (6 miles mark), run/walk down the auot road with backpack and hiking boots, run/walk along RT16 from auto road parking to great gulf trailhead parking, nice day hike/run. :)