Water source near Davis Path & Isolation Trail junction?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any one has camped in the area where the old Isolation Shelter used to be near the junction of the Davis Path and Isolation Trail (in the flat area between the summits of Isolation and North Isolation.) I'm hoping since it was an old shelter location that there might be a spring someplace around there... and was wondering if anyone could verify this? Or would I have to descend quite a ways down the Isolation Trail in order to find water?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Ivy

There's often a small spring north of this junction - depends upon the year.

If you have to descend for water, it isn't too far - maybe 1/2 mile or so? Of course, what's far and near is highly subjective.

I don't have my map handy - you mean the northern Isolation/Davis junction? If so, there's water in a decent rivulet just a couple minutes down the Davis Path, and then plenty of water about another 5 minutes lower than that if it's not running (it was on Fot48).

Hi Ivy,

PM me and I'll send you an Excel sheet listing all the features, including water, on the Davis Path...