What is it?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Farrell

Reaction score
Mike P. and myself hiked up Mt. Washington via Tucks and Lion Head on Saturday, 11/19/05. There wasn't much snow and it was hard on the ankles with crampons on. We descended the Auto Road.

I found something on the road and I have no idea what it is.

Does anyone know what this is?

exactly how big is it ?

"They" are working on an internet search technology that can search shapes instead of words, like some sort of cad/cam software search engine. we need that now.

Chip said:
"They" are working on an internet search technology that can search shapes instead of words, like some sort of cad/cam software search engine. we need that now.

It's true. I worked on a project exactly like that back during the dot com boom.

It does look like a traction device.

-Shayne

It's 2 1/2 inches tall. It has a loose washer near the base and it may have had one near the top. It's rusty and pretty heavy for a small ?

Sno Cat Stud

Like Michelle says................It is a stud from the Sno Cat.

Looks like a picket fence and a car port to me.

Farmer Bob said:
It's 2 1/2 inches tall.
Not being from the area, I'm not sure, so I ask: 'Are there any 'little people' (gnomes,
leprechaun, etc that live in the area? While small for us, it would be quite larger for them. It could be something like a hitching post for their horses.

But then again, I'm not sure if the 'little people' live that far east.

I would say it’s a stud from the track off the snowcat or a snowmobile.

stud.jpg

it looks like the back of a truck bed....the cris cross pattern gives it away....

what's that little metal thing on top of it? :p