Where do Wind Farms belong?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a huge difference here. A floating wind factory can be tugged back to the shipyard when it breaks down or if it turns out to be useless. If it actually turns a profit and it actually produces energy and does this without harming wildlife/ocean life, that's great. It won't reduce current energy production, obviously, but it's cool.

Maybe the Royal Family won't mind this one; it's much farther away from Hyanis Port.

Stripping a forested ridge and industrializing a high-elevation forest still sucks, and it still won't result in a single piece of coal to go unburned elsewhwere. It's disgusting.

Wind power in the land of Don Quixote

I won't even attempt to wade into the discussion of where/whether or when wind turbines belong in New England, but fate (in the form of my boss) has dropped me in the middle of a 500 turbine wind power development in La Muela Spain for a couple of weeks.
These were built with government subsidies and guarantees (Cape Wind will be built because National Grid has agreed to pay 20.7 cents/KW.h for half of the output - about double current retail rates - if the state of Massachusetts agrees)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/22/la-muela-renewables-spain-corruption
But...did someone say something about BP??