where to camp on Bondcliff tr?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Never hiked this trail. Considering it for a 1 night BP. Will probably be hiking in at dusk, and I dont want to be stumbling around by headlamp.
Thanks

Below treeline, 200 ft from the trail and 1/4 mile from the Pemi River.

Or at Guyot Shelter (there are tent sites).

rules (PDF format)

Lower portion of Bondcliff trail is open woods on mild slopes, finding a spot should not be difficult. As you go up it gets steeper and spruce-ier.

Edit: Starting at dusk and not using a headlamp do not sound like compatible goals. I assume you're coming in from the south, but remember you've got a 4.5mi hike up the Wilderness trail (no camping except at Franconia Brook tentsite [3 mi in on the east side -- I vaguely recall the bridge being out, somebody correct me]) before you get to the Bondcliff trail.

Last edited:
You are right!!!!
Sorry, I think I didn't get my times right. We will be getting to the trailhead about 3pm, and I guestimate we will be on the Bondcliff later , probably between 6 and 7. Is this doable? The hike is fairly flat so we should be able to make time. If we get a later start, we will hike in the following day.
thanks

The Lincoln Woods / Wilderness trail is not just "fairly flat", it's entirely, numbingly flat. You should make good time.

PS I knew I was confused about the bridge to the Franconia Brook tentsite: there is none, just stepping stones.