Which Trail from Kanc? - moved from G.B.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticks

Reaction score
Which Trail from Kanc?

To Tripyramids?

Since I will be on the Kancamagus side this weekend which trail would you take to the Tripyramids? Pine Bend Brook Trail or Sabbaday Brook Trail?

Looks like a Saturday Aug 5 hike with a approx 8:30 start if anyone interested.

Thanks
Happy Trails
Sticks

I agree with the loop option. Sabbaday was in decent shape when I was there last weekend. Some of the steeper bits should be easier ascending than descending, but none are particularly tricky.

I second, triple that motion. I'd recommend up Sabbaday and down Pine Bend. There are some ledges on Sabbaday, and I prefer to go up ledges than down them...

Hey Roxi, love to do the n. slide but not this weekend.

You know me I keep hiking the same ones over and over again.... ;)

All good sugestions, but if you can spot a car, consider the Livermore Trail from the Kanc and do the North Slide as part of your loop. Coming in from that end is very easy and a good warm-up for the slide. I almost talked myself out of doing it and I'm VERY glad Dugan changed my mind. :)

Dave

Sticks said:
Hey Roxi,...You know me I keep hiking the same ones over and over again.... ;)

:D Yes, you do! And I have no doubt that I'll be busting my butt someday trying to keep up with you going up the north slide...enjoy your hike! :)