Which VFTT most often seen?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dentonfabrics said:
I"ve climbed Moosilauke, Jefferson, Eisenhower, Hale, and the Franconia Ridge 6-10 times each. It wasnt until I saw that movie by He Who Must Not Be Named that I was inspired to do other summits and try the 48. To date, I've summited 100+ times in the Whites, yet I've only done 37 seperate peaks.

Bob

I recall that one of the reasons for the formation of the FTFC was to get hikers to some of the less-visited peaks in the WMNF. Worked for me. For example, I don't know that I would have gotten to the Kilkenny Ridge, given the extra driving, but for Cabot and Waumbek being on the list. Enjoyed the area so much that I returned to visit Unknown Pond, Horn, and Bulge.

Currently using the "52 with a View" list for inspiration.

Wonder how many try to use a different route for a frequently visited peak? I don't know that I'll ever completely "red-line" Mt. Washington but I've climbed via Ammo, Jewell, Tucks, Glen Boulder, Boot Spur, Huntington. Each route has their unique features/challenges.

Since I've got the spreadsheet right here, these are my multiple 'Dax peaks...

Cascade: 12
Giant: 11
Ampersand: 4
Marcy: 3
Algonquin: 3
Dix: 3
Pitchoff: 3
Haystack: 2
Whiteface: 2
Gothics: 2
Macomb: 2
Hough: 2
Big Slide: 2
Upper Wolf Jaw: 2
Lower Wolf Jaw: 2
South Dix: 2
Colvin: 2
Jo: 2

I hope very much to get into some New England hiking sometime and diversify my list somewhat.

Mad Townie said:
You folks really keep that close a count of how many times you climb mountains? :eek:

No kidding. there must be a patch for it. :p

personally, I've climbed Mt Ascutney the most. I know I've used each of the 4 major trails at least once, but I have no idea how many times total or for each.

vermont

Killington-Pico at least 100 times over last 30 yrs. Pico work road sometimes 3-4 times per week getting ready for whites.

dentonfabrics said:
It wasnt until I saw that movie by He Who Must Not Be Named that I was inspired to do other summits and try the 48.

Lord Voldemort made a movie about hiking? Creepy.

Mt. Le Conte in the Smokies 27 times. I'm getting close to the all time record for the mountain (Ed Wright 1,297 round trips as of 9-1-05) ;)

Wasn't there a guy who climbed Monadnock every day for a decade (or so)straight?

Last edited:
Larry Davis climbed Monadnock over 4000 times, including 2850 consecutive days. I think he's got us beat.

-dave-

Moosilauke, by far and in all seasons. No idea how many times.

Clearly, I've been spending WAY too much time with Dave. :D :p

After that, Lafayette, Washington, Eisenhower, Jeff...

I have hiked Cannon 9 times.
I have hiked it in the snow, cold, warm, muggy, rain.
I have hiked it the same way every time (except once) .. up Hi Cannon
down Kinsman Ridge.

The last time I was with a group in eary May, inching down Kinsman Ridge on ice.

Always fun.. but another reason I'm not finishing up my 48 (Owls Head) until now!

Franconia Ridge every year since 79, many years two or three times, 50+, Chocorua almost as much, Doubletop in BSP every year since 85, no wonder my knees hurt ;)

Wait until PinPin finds this thread :eek:

Myself itwould be

Pitchoff 8
Giant 8
Algonquin 7
Hurricane 6
Rocky 5
Cascade 4 (I have to go again on a clear day as I've never seen the VFTT) :D

Oddly enough,
Crane Mt. 8 (everything you could want in a short climb plus a nice swim)
Blackhead 4
Windham High Peak 4

Wow, I can't believe some of the numbers you guys are putting up! Metsky climbing Moosilauke ~130 times? That's impressive!

Washington - 5
Katahdin - 4
Bond - 4
Several others at 3.
Even more at 2.
Some more at 1.
Countless at 0, and I'd love to change that.

The top 3 peaks that I have seen the VFTT from are Lafayette (34), Washington (23), and Katahdin/Baxter Peak (15).

We are so lucky to have mountains like these (and in the Adk's), that when you travel between the App's and the Rockies you realize how fortunate we are...

Cards-on-the-Table Time?

This question got me off of Mount Washington, as I'd been up it more than a dozen times and had climbed the rest of the planet almost not-at-all.

So I've since gotten back on the trail for the Carter & Baldface Ranges, this year's Franconia-to-Madison walk and various & sundry others. Have also done a 'highest' thing, with Marcy, Katahdin, Mansfield & Greylock. Have seen lots of weather, but this year's walk had one rainy night out of six full days. So South Twin was crystal!

Have glissaded almost into a crevasse on Rainier in sneakers; have stood on the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare; and on the peak of a little hillside village in Sicily. Where, I might add, you could gorge for days on the omnipresent fruits.

Still a babe in these woods, but getting closer to 'em every time.

--M.

I have hiked up Mount Success
I have hiked five times I guess
I have hiked it in the rain
I have hiked with folks from Maine
I have hiked it on a log
I have hiked it through a bog
Be there soon with Double Bow
I might hike it in the snow
I will hike that peak the best
I like hiking Mount Success

Ok I am game
In the East Mt Adams I do not know how many times but alot. Jefferson same. Laffyette same,
Out west,
Toss up South Maroon about 10 - 15 times, Pryamid same La Plata probably the same . I tend to go to favorite peaks alot .
If I could I think I would add the Grand Teton have only climbed it 4 times so and only in summer and once in the winter that does not count as a lot. Does Denali twice solo count ?
I count peaks I have climbed in all 4 seasons alot .
So I guess it would be Mt Adams ,Laffeyette , South Maroon and Pryamid Peak .and La PLata Peak

Last edited:
Monadnock probably a couple dozen times - it's a season-opener (for the winter season, anyway), a season-ender (no such thing for me anymore), and a great short, near-to-Boston hike to bring folks on who aren't too sure they understand the appeal of hiking. I've hiked it at least twice a year for at least the last five years.

Lincoln-Lafayette loop at least once a year now for a few years. I never get tired of it and it's so dang convenient to the highway.

Washington every couple of years on average. I don't like parking lots but I do like getting way above treeline.