Whiteface, Bonds Traverse, and Hancocks via Arrow Slide 10/17 - 10/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your tentsite with us saturday, much appreciated! :)

I'll second that. Right after eating dinner I felt horribly sick to my stomach with a vicious headache, and was unconscious by 8:00, so I'm sorry I didn't see anyone Saturday evening, but really appreciated having that space available to crash in. Thanks!

Adventurous said:
We came across an old campsite and from that point, the Wilderness Trail was right around the corner. 45 minutes later, we finally reached it – it had to be around one of those corners right.
That was so not 45 min later... So I mistook one old campsite from the other, honest mistake, it could happen to anyone.

Awesome weekend! You're one serious peak bagging machine, glad I have the chance to join you on Saturday. That's fun!

Here are my share of the pictures from the hike. Enjoy!

Great pictures Rebecca!

Last edited:
Nice avatar 7 - the person on the right looks a bit frightened :eek: Hey you're the one that said 45...I thought it was more like an hour ;)

Great pictures Huiyeng and Rebecca!!!! If you change your ADK finish date - I'd be more than happy to join you - I can do any other date besides the one you picked :)

Gillian - I was actually trying to figure out a way to finish last weekend but couldn't motivate myself enough to make it work.

It was a fantastic weekend of hiking!!! Yes - one peak left. I will be finishing on Jefferson in mid-November. I hadn't planned on Jefferson - it just worked out that way which isn't such a bad thing.

It's been a fun journey and I have all of you guys to thank for that. Having a group to hang out and hike with on the weekends has been awesome. And no - I'm not going to work on the grid.

Last edited:
Great Pictures 7summits. Bondcliff is one of my favorites of the Whites. I remember being there on a summer day and imagining the crowds on Lafayette and having the Bondcliff summit to myself.

Adventurous, congratulations on your upcoming finish of the 48. Any particular route planned? I liked the Castle trail and also 6 Husbands from the Great Gulf.

cgarby; said:
Adventurous, congratulations on your upcoming finish of the 48. Any particular route planned? I liked the Castle trail and also 6 Husbands from the Great Gulf.

I haven't really thought about a planned route yet. I have several votes for the Castle trail so I'll probably go that way.

Skimom; said:
HuiYeng, and so, ya know, if Adventurous can't make it we'll just have to reschedule .... oh, dang (kidding!... well, sorta) .

See...even Skimom agrees :D I'll be there in spirit...now go tuckle that peak ;)

7 summits best not change her finish date!
that would make me angry , i want to tuckle another ADK peak.

i say six husbands, would probably be a bit of a challenge in november :D

gooly, pay no attention to skimom, SHE is trouble! nothing wrong with getting drunk and falling down river banks. im sure you have dont that several times skimom!!!

(rolling down river banks:eek:) QUOTE]

Hey Gooly, those banks are very tough...I had a fall down a bank at barnes a few weeks ago and lost my shoes and caused a massive rescue of my shoe hunt....all the time I just had to go pee!

Were any of the same VFTT's in attendance???? I might of been pushed.........or I will blame Jason's wine!!

um, guys....it wasn't me doing the falling, i was the one doing the laughing! :D someone out there knows the truth...:(

and decided to leave our friend a message in rocks before leaving (the message didn’t survive).
Bummer! :mad::mad::mad: I guess our friend will just have to check out the photos. Yeah, I know, I'll get mine up when I have a minute.:rolleyes:

What a great day to be in a great place with great companions! Kim's right, though--the descent from Bondcliff to the Wilderness trail seemed like a Nowhere Land that went on and on forever. My bonk was on the first part of the Wilderness Trail, but after an Almond Joy and a cheese stick at the bridge, I rolled down the rest of the trail (except for photo op stops, of course). Sorry to miss you all on the Hancocks, but w*rk was calling. :( :eek: :eek:

Townie,

I am wicked sorry we missed you on Saturday, and wish you had come on Sunday!

Geneva was there and she wanted to show you how much better she is now than on the Osceola's!

One of these days, soon, we will have to get a hike in together!

:)

Reactions: arm
Bonds Traverse--more photos here

Chinooktrail, remember the Bigs! They're spectacular in winter.:cool:

Great pictures!!! The "party awaits" picture certainly captures that moment. Next time, I'll have to pick up the big bottle because we polished that one off before we got back to the campground. Don't know how that happened :D