Whiteface Road, Esther too?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidoc22

Reaction score
I am interested in skiing the Whiteface toll road sometime later this winter if and when we get some decent snow. Here's the question...
Is there a reasonable way to jump off the toll road and grab Esther on the way up or down. Is there any herd path or tricky method to avoid schlepping the skis all the way up the trail to Lookout Mtn or am I just dreaming. The only time I was on Esther it was total fog and I have no sense of whether the toll road (or anything else for that matter) can be seen from her peak. If anyone has tried either successfully or not I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

Yessir... the Whiteface trail comes up next to the road. It's just a matter of hopping the wall that flanks the road and heading down and over to Esther. I haven't done it in winter, but I would guess that it is skiable over to the base of Esther.

I recall reading a recent post from some who did the road and bagged both WF and Esther.

Skiing the road is supposed to be a blast. Should be a fun trip, and the recent snow may have put down enough snow. You'll probably get some beta in this regard, also.