whiteface??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewski

Reaction score
some of the white mtn legends are headed west..can we do a quick climb of whiteface via the ski slopes??:eek:

I'm trying to figure why Drew. As far as time and distance it might be shorter but will be about 700ft more climbing and require a car spot. I also don't imagine your not climbing Esther too, correct? They have a new trail that intercepts the Whiteface trail but it's not straight line hiking so the distance would add up quick. I know some locals tell me they get up early and hit the slopes bandit style before the lifts open but usually the mountain has the nickname "Iceface" for a reason. The normal routes are taking the road if your skiing or hitting the ASRC near marble mountain, the normal hiking route. I only hear about taken the slopes or slides if people are really looking to explore. If it was faster we would of used it during the record ya know. If your trying to plan anything shoot me a pm with anything as far as times, trails and other goodies.

Also see several previous threads about climbing mountains via the ski trails; I'm pretty sure Whiteface policy is "no." When the ski area is open, upbound hikers are a hazard to downbound skiers; when the ski area is closed, grooming equipment operators and other workers on snow machines are not expecting pedestrians, and walking on the trails creates a hazard.

Fortunately for you, the elevator is closed this time of year.