Whites - Midweek March 17 & 18

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLepore

Reaction score
The last few days of the winter season are upon us. I took off the end of this week to bag a few 4Ker winter peaks in the Whites. The field of peaks is wide open. If anyone has off and is interested in some peakbaggin, then let me know.

Mike

I plan on doing the N-S Hancock on Thursday.

Tom, Field and Willey on Friday, and Wildcat and D on Saturday.

Staying at Shapleigh Bunkhouse Thursday night.

Companions welcome (trailbreaking skills helpful!).

cb

ChrisB said:
I plan on doing the N-S Hancock on Thursday.

Tom, Field and Willey on Friday, and Wildcat and D on Saturday.

Staying at Shapleigh Bunkhouse Thursday night.

Companions welcome (trailbreaking skills helpful!).

cb
I'm hoping to do Hancock again (3rd time this winter) but this time I want to try and bushwhack over to NW Peak.

-Dr. Wu

I'm staying at Gray Knob on Friday night with some friends and planning on hiking Adams either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, depending on weather.

Just a reminder that Thursday is Evacuation Day. It marks the anniversary when the British left Boston and is a holiday in Suffolk county.

Oh...yeah...happens to be St. Patrick's Day. :D I will be leading a group to Paddy Burke's in North Station. All are welcome. Get there early...it gets packed and it is a great time. The Corn Beef is fantastic.

I'll be the one in green. ;)

peace

Check out my Owl's head and Bondcliff listing

Tuesday, 5:45 Wilderness Trailhead to attempt Owl's head. Two of us so far are snowshoeing in. Another may be skiing in and helping to break trail up the slide.
Thursday, 5:30 same place to attempt Bondcliffs.
We are holding Saturday as a reserve day in case we only make it part way on one of these.
I really want to get them in before the end of winter.
I can't let Brutus have all the lime-light.

Hancocks and Tripyramid sound promising. Please post details when you have them.
-vegematic

BobandGeri,

I will join you for Friday's hike up the Tripyramids.

See you at the trailhead.

Mike

We will be in a Green Suburban. Depending on where you are coming from we will be stopping for breakfast at the pancake place across the street from the American Ski Rental company building in Lincoln at 7 AM. Brown building.

Coming from opposite direction. Staying at Shapleigh bunkhouse the night before.

I wanna do the Hancocks this sunday so go right ahead and pack those trails down for me. :D

My Plan

Hancocks -

I'll be car-camping some place near the trail head on Wednesday night. Will be at the Kanc trail head around 8 AM Thursday morning.

Tom-Field-Willey -

Hammerdee and I are at Shapliegh Bunkhouse Thursday night. Friday morn we'll have breakfast at HC and hit the trail from there around 8:30. Plan is to spot a car and do a traverse.

Wildcats -

SherpaK and I will be at Hiker's Paradise on Friday night. He's heading up Carter Dome and I hope to tackle Wildcats. I'll be at the 19 Mile Brook trailhead around 8 AM Saturday. I plan to descend via ski slopes.

Of course all this depends on snow condx!

cb

Bob and Geri-
Is the plan still 8:00 a.m. at Pine Bend? If so I'll see you there!
-vegematic