Who's got the flu?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smitty77 said:
Impressive indeed. I had a streak going back to 1994 when I broke it last year about this time. The 1994 "incident" was due to a bad batch of fried clams, and before that was sometime in the late 80s for any type of illness that put me horizontal.

Tough luck. If you're looking to keep a long non-vomit streak intact then you've gotta avoid fried clams, roller coasters, and Kathy Bates movies. If it wasn't for one very long day and night I spent at Daisy Buchanan's on Newbury St back in the 80s, there's no telling how long my streak would be.

bob

dentonfabrics said:
Tough luck. If you're looking to keep a long non-vomit streak intact then you've gotta avoid fried clams, roller coasters, and Kathy Bates movies.

And the episode of Golden Girls when they went mud wrestling. Yuck.

Lots of people in central NH including me have had bad cold/flu for the past couple months

A friends mother in upstate NY just died from emphysema, not sure if this pushed her over

No flu

rocket21 said:
And the episode of Golden Girls when they went mud wrestling. Yuck.
No flu or flu like symptoms for me for several years..I do get the shot..and wash hands pretty regular especially after touching public stuff...many hikers I saw and spoke with back in late Jan..early Feb were experiencing the same bronchial type stuff that I was....in a totally non scientific survey we determined that perhaps hiking in cold dry weather had something to do with it...As to the secondary thread here...my n-v streak good to the mid 90's when I got some bad seafood in Chile...shades of the Witches from Eastwick...before then many years..I missed the Golden Girls show but the Blair Witch Project made an impact..

Adenovirus 14 can be a serious strain of the virus. It has hit several military recruit training bases fairly hard. The military is currently working on an adenovirus vaccine. Here in Cape May, the USCG training center has been participating in an adenovirus study for over 8 years. The vaccine will be an oral vaccine. It will not cover adeno 14 since this is not one of the more common adeno strains in either military or community settings. The vaccine will prob cover strains 7 and 12 which are quite common on military bases. Not sure if the vaccine will be made available to the public. This vaccine will be replacing an adeno vaccine that was around years ago.

a couple weeks ago after a hike to the twins where i turned around before my goal not feeling quite right. a couple of days of nastiness followed. lingering effects for more than a week. threw my winter hiking off more than i would have liked. back out now and getting my legs back. not as bad as some of my co workers who were out of work for two weeks.......

feel better.

bryan

No flu for me in quite some time. I don't wash my hands, and I lick doorknobs. My philosophy: "Be kind to the bugs, and they'll go easy on you."

BTW... on my commute home, I swallowed a mouthfull of water that most people would not want to step in.

"If it don't kill you, it makes you stronger." I think Lisa Simpson said that.