Winter 48 nuts need apply

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dRitter

Reaction score
I have decided to bang out a batch of the NH48 in winter conditions this year. Tentative plans are:
2/22 Franconia Ridge traverse via Wilderess/ Oseeo down Skook or OBP (depends on accumulated snowload)
2/23 Osceolas from the Kanc
2/24 Kinsmans from Reel Brook

Of course all plans are based on weather conditions, I am not suicidal....
I willl be doing more every weekend until the end of winter :)

Any takers????

dec or feb??

dRitter said:
I have decided to bang out a batch of the NH48 in winter conditions this year. Tentative plans are:
2/22 Franconia Ridge traverse via Wilderess/ Oseeo down Skook or OBP (depends on accumulated snowload)
2/23 Osceolas from the Kanc
2/24 Kinsmans from Reel Brook

Of course all plans are based on weather conditions, I am not suicidal....
I willl be doing more every weekend until the end of winter :)

Any takers????
do you mean 12/22 12/23 12/24 ?????

Oops. Yes I meant 12/22,23, & 24. Must've been too much red wine... :eek:

Interested in partering w/ someone for their 47 & 48? I have the 2 Wildcats left, and have off until 12/13.

No, I'm not a bum who lies around the house, I'm going on temporary active duty thru the Air Force Reserve, and yesterday was my last day at my civilian job.

Since I might be going to a land w/ lots of high peaks (not just hypothermia/blowdowns/boilerplate, there's also the added challenge of people on them that want to kill you), I'd like to get The Patch before then.

wildcats

MEB and I are doing the Wildcats this coming weekend 12/10, leaviing early on Sat. morning ascending by way of Nineteen Mile Brook to the Carter hut. If your interested in joining us pm me or MEB.

3 Bonds

I want to do the 3 Bonds in a day Hike in Winter. Of course Mother Nature would be the one deciding if she wants to let me succeed or not. I'm thinking about doing it on New Years Day, if any of you want to join me for that. Just let me know. And we can go over some details.

New Year's on the Bonds would be great, I'll have to see if I can break free from being on call that day, if so count me in.

Throwing a shameless refresher post on this in the hopes that I can kindle some interest, I am still looking for some folks that want to hike Winter 48s on 12/22 & 23. The aforementioned hike plans on earlier posts are just a guess, I'm certainly open to suggestions...

Damon