Winter 48 on the osceola's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmac

Reaction score
Winter 48 on the Osceola's

Route: Greeley Pond trail to Mt Osceola trail

Start time: 8:00am Finish time: 1:30pm

Participants: Meb..Rachel..Drew..Dave bear..kmac

Weather: Started with drizzle gray skies....changed over to snow for most of morning, ended with blue skies and sunshine :)

Trail conditions: Packed out not much ice... Snowshoes no crampons

It certainly was a wonderful day and to be able to spend the day in the mountains with some real special people makes it even better!!

Thanks for the patch Meb, hot coffee Drew and the toast of wine and dove chocolate Dave Bear!

Thanks for the memories
kmac

Last edited:
Karen, It was great fun to be along for the festivities and enjoy a terrific day out. Congratulations on finishing your Winter48 in style!:cool: Osceola's tend to peak my adrenaline even when its tough on the body. Glad Meb reined me in just in time to keep me from going over the edge!:eek: Awesome time hiking with you folks!:D Here's some pics from the hike and the subsequent moonlit hike I got baited into! Thanks!

Osceola's:http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/570011850WPYJnw

Tecumseh:http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/570020274EtNlqi

Last edited:
Congrats!!

Congrats Karen!! It was fun meeting you at Common Man, hope our butt sliding fun didn't make the trail too much of a pain for you guys!! :confused:

I'm thinking with the wet drizzle it should of been fine.....

Glad you had a fun group to be with you on the finish...now what are you hiking???

Hey Karen,
Congrats on the Winter 4K!!!!
Love to see it. Enjoy the moment.
Did you plan it that way? To finish on Osceola that is. If so great choice.

Congratulations, Karen, nice work. I didn't realize you were that close to finishing. Sounds like the weather tried to mess things up but didn't succeed!

Now the 67?

Whoo-Hoo!!! Way to go Karen! I'm so glad we got to hike together over the weekend and what made it more special was to finish your winter list with you. :)

-MEB

Congrats Karen:D

I may have this totally off - but was your first winter peak that day we did washington a few years ago and stayed at the harvard cabin - (fun night BTW!!)

Not so off, Washington was my 3rd winter peak and yes staying in the cabin was so much fun :) seems like eons ago.
Actually, the 1st winter peak and it wasn't officially winter but winter conditions, was on Washington in October 2005 with Rachel and you. It was the first time meeting both of you, and we had great weather day.
Thanks giggy