Winter Cooking: Just Add Water?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recently been exploring www.freezerbagcooking.com
Great site, bought her book (most of the recipes in the book are on the site) and have made quite a few of the meals (or ones similiar) for an upcoming overnighter, easy enough and pretty tasty! The freeze dried veggies from www.justtomatoes.com are great. Light, nothing added to them, easy to throw into any dish and they taste like good fresh veggies once rehydrated. Endless options!

Nessmuk said:
Here's a new product some of you may want to try:
fast food in the wilderness :D
:cool: yeah, thanks, I think I'll skip the Can O'Burger, but I am a bit interested in this;

"Truth be known, the most remarkable of Trekking-Mahlzeiten’s products is not the cheeseburger but Peronin, a complete food in a liquid form, marketed as “fuel for the bloodstream.” Peronin is the food of choice for athletes competing in extreme endurance events (triathlons, marathons, ironman contests, desert races), mountain climbers and adventure seekers.

Unlike regular food, it does not first have to be decomposed in the stomach, but is assimilated directly. Whereas the body will assimilate less than 60 percent of the total calorie intake efficiently in extreme situations (cold, heat, fear and fatigue), Peronin delivers an outstanding 96 percent."
:)

And will obviously have to try this;

"In keeping with supplying the essentials in their lightest form, there’s even a red wine that comes in powdered form supplied in single serve pouches for celebrating special moments. When reconstituted, the wine has an alcoholic content of 9.27%, which is lighter than normal bottled wine. A matching mulled wine has also been developed for expeditions in snow and the cold." :eek: