Winter Gathering 8.5 a success!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coldfeet said:
I showed pictures of the trip to friends and one person said that I was "hard core"...funny, what would they say about you folks?
Nahhh. WHen I got back on Tuesday (monday was not a holiday here), they just said, "In the mountains again?" They've given up saying ANYTHING to me anymore.

Hey david. It ain't gonna be a year. Bet you a beer I'll see you in less time than that.... Uhhh can I convince you to come up for some trailwork with teh 46ers? Your little furry friend is welcome too.... as long as he doesn't try anything kinky. We're all straight arrows.

coldfeet said:
I showed pictures of the trip to friends and one person said that I was "hard core"...funny, what would they say about you folks?

David, I don't know how to break this to you, but you know that "you folks" you just mentioned? It's "US" folks. Like it or not, you're one of us! :eek: :D

I had a great time!! Thanks GO and VO for offering your place for the weekend. Spencer, what the hell are you doin to that poor dog. :eek:

Wow!! Go & Vo can't believe the spectacular views from the campsite.
So sorry we missed yet another goodtime. We had to babysit donna
for the weekend (someone had to do it).
Actually we had some of donna's family for the weekend.
They are wild and crazy people!!! Had a GREAT time with them.
Glad to hear everyone had fun.

My highlights...

--14 hour round-trip car ride with Pete Hickey
--Woodsman breakfast x2
--one of the most wonderful winter bonfires I've ever seen Friday night
--hiking to Cranberry Pond in the rain with Coldfeet, Pat and Audrey on Saturday
--making new friends, like DougPaul, MadTownie, Gris
--seeing lots of old friends
--having SherpaK and Shiz grill me a great Brat and Burger
--wonderful pepper jelly, compliments of Gris
--finding my tent completely blown away into the bushes on Sunday morning, and wanting to laugh rather than cry
--an unexpected hot shower at Audrey & Pats hotel following a COLD ski up the Caribou Valley Road on Sunday
--noticing on Sunday night that I was the only woman left...I was glad when Joanna and skimom reappeared!
--Sunday evening confessions and guitar singing by candlelight
--having the guesthouse to hang out in--it really made the gathering a success given the bad weather...thanks go and vo!!