Winter Gathering??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the dates will still be MLK weekend? I need to plan in advance (sure others do as well) and I don't want to miss it this year - wherever it is. I have heard a couple of different things through the vine. Cavemans, ADK's, Revere Beach, Central Park, Frat house on URI campus, etc, etc..

BF would be good......maybe we can try to bring some pre-hacked logs this time :D

Or if Unfozencaveman is coming......I guess the whole tree will be consumed in 3-5 minutes....no need for axe choppin'........ ;)

If Bahn's Field, I can bring firewood reinforcements, split and beginning to decay, so time to burn, but not until later on Saturday night after the UNH-Dartmouth hockey game in Manchvegas.

There is already an event planned for the Daks in Feb. Page with links on this site under:

46 +1 ADK peaks in February. Like a few threads down from this site. Or a direct link with more info with this:

http://adkhighpeaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4723

Lets do both though-more beer more snow! :cool:

Chance for a lot of NEers to get over here and do some guided hiking though and meet some new screwballs! :D

giggy said:
Don't matter to me - unfrozencaveman?? caveman?? caveman??
At Gathering 9.9999 we talked about UFC's place and that cbcbd's drums were still there waiting for another party. UFC said he was up for it if we cared to commence plans for another gathering there.

I loved it there, and it's pretty much in the middle of the NE! Looks like we'd be missing a drummer if Grey Knobs showed up... doug??

Giggy - I think you're on... MLK holiday was the date proposed as well.

well I guess the question is - is Neil's thing the "gathering" for it all - or do we have one here as well?? have the ADK one and the NH one on MLK weekend?

I don't want to step on anyones toes at all - I was more asking about dates. :)

giggy said:
well I guess the question is - is Neil's thing the "gathering" for it all - or do we have one here as well?? have the ADK one and the NH one on MLK weekend?

Not sure but last I heard there is no more vacancy at the Ark Inn where the ADK Carson Day Eventers are staying, although there are plenty of unclaimed peaks to chose from, and I could use some joiners to help me tackle Hough!

una_dogger said:
Not sure but last I heard there is no more vacancy at the Ark Inn where the ADK Carson Day Eventers are staying, although there are plenty of unclaimed peaks to chose from, and I could use some joiners to help me tackle Hough!
You've got Rik and Eric doing Carson (S. Dix) and Grace (E. Dix), follow them and you'll get anywhere. They would be easy to talk into doing a loop. I'll post that they are doing a loop as a matter of fact on AdkHighPeaks later! :D It's like Glenn (MasterGrasshopper) and Doug (Hillman1) they are going to do whatever is required for the team. ;) I'm kinda hoping for Macomb myself but have to wait to see where I'm needed. I have a feeling I'll be on Seymour butts out there in the Cold River though, since it is such a long haul. :)

Cory D

ColdRiverRun said:
You've got Rik and Eric doing Carson (S. Dix) and Grace (E. Dix), follow them and you'll get anywhere. They would be easy to talk into doing a loop. I'll post that they are doing a loop as a matter of fact on AdkHighPeaks later! :D It's like Glenn (MasterGrasshopper) and Doug (Hillman1) they are going to do whatever is required for the team. ;) I'm kinda hoping for Macomb myself but have to wait to see where I'm needed. I have a feeling I'll be on Seymour butts out there in the Cold River though, since it is such a long haul. :)

Cory D

So sign up for Macoomb and we can all have a trailbreaking party, Dude!
:D

giggy said:

The ADKHighpeaks gathering (Feb. 8,9,10, 2008)has always been limited in numbers by the capacity of the motel (Ark Trail Inn) where we have it. This year is different because we are attempting to put people on top of each of the ADK-46 and then we're having a big party Saturday night. Bonfire, potluck dinner, skinny dipping in the Ausable River and rolling naked in the fire are some of the activities planned. But after the party people who don't have rooms at the Ark Trail will have to drive to their motels or if not in shape to drive crash on a floor. In previous years it has been possible to camp on the Ark Trail's property for a modest fee but I'd have to check again for this year.

Any of you Whites folks who want to come and join us are obviously welcome to help us break trail :D but if there's going to be a full-on gathering then I don't think our venue could handle it. Especially if Giggy shows up naked. :eek:

I think two events would be better.
I've signed up for a peak at Neil's Adk event for Feb 9th, but think another weekend at either Barney field or UFC's place would be great for the MLK long weekend. Maybe we should start a poll?

Is MLK weekend set in stone for winter Gatherings? If not, how about Prezzies' Day weekend instead? A good chance of it being warmer, more daylight, more snow.

Besides (if you want to know my motives) I may not be able to make MLK. :eek: