winter recognition

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twargo

Reaction score
Congratulations in advance to Michael Magnani for finishing his winter 46 this weekend!

Special recognition should be paid for those traveling long distances to finish. It is something like 15,000 miles, lots of gas, and 4 new tires.

Thanks Michael for including me and others in your adventures!

tracy w :)

move closer

i don't think i'll drive that many miles to the trailhead in my entire life. you just got to move closer. new paltz doesn't count! saturday is gonna be a big day michael, just think of the wear and tear you'll save on that nice vehicle of yours now (let alone winning a bet). Great job ! And I'll never tell you what a great time to make on the trail is. Well, now I get to see what kind of a skier you are on the toll road.

Happy Trails
Pvon

HarryK Lives !

Hey HarryK,
Everyone was asking where you've been at the Wonalancet Gathering...only good comments of course. Nice to hear from you.

Thanks to all of you!

Now I thank you all for your support!

In the past three years I have had the pleasure of one of the worlds finest winter tours – The FortySixers and to greet them all for the first time in this special season, has made this even more of an adventure.

This was not always easy coming from Manhattan and driving over 15,000 miles but regardless of the weather, we never changed our plans on when to go, our missions however, were weather specific.

I climbed the all the Forty-six once, traversing 15 of these peaks, and re climbing 5 a second time, and 1 (Donaldson of course), on a third occasion for a total of 52 ascents. Fully 38 of my peaks required 19 planned bivouacs and the remaining 14 were climbed as day trips.
We always safely climbed our plan, and were fortunate to never be shut out from a least enjoying one peak per trip and averaged over 2 per drive.

We all learned a great deal about the mountains, and more importantly about our selves.

Tracy many more adventures ahead, the Teton traverse, Sherpa, Katadin is next, Pvon we are just begining but I think Mt Blanc on a weekend would be fine, Harrk, we still have to party hard!

I think for now I will work on my rockclimbing, skydiving, and adventure racing.

Anyone up for it?

Thanks again to everyone

Michael

Last edited:
Congratulations, Michael! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'll have to ask you about your ADK adventures the next time I see you at the NYC VFTT gatherings.