zealand this weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope more people want to go..supposedly they got 8 more inches of snow last night..we need help breaking trail for this distance..round up the troops! who else is coming? speak up!

I'm still interested, although I'm also interested in Munroe. If it's really windy and cold, I'll go with Zealand, if it's still happening.
I drive up from Providence-- SOP is to sleep at Crawford Notch in my car, get breakfast there and hear the weather reports before making my final decision. Last Saturday report for summits was a little pessimistic-- high of 5 below, 80-90mph winds, so i bagged out on Munroe, since I'm solo.
I'll post Thursday- Friday, at any rate.
Eliot

routes

if the powder is real deep(probably is), the trail might be a better option if its broken. i just called the front desk at the AMC. they phone zealand hut each morning at 8 am, i told them to specifically ask if the twinway was broken out from zealand up to the summit. i am sposed to call them in the morning and find out what the answer is if they have it. i will post what i know on here. i guess we will make our decision about what we want to do based on the number of participants. if we dont have a strong group the trail might be better. we could ski out to the hut, snowshoe up to the peak, and then ski out. what do you all think

the AMC(if they got their story straight) said the twinway is not broken above the hut.

its a go!

several of us are meeting at 8 am at the new little plaza in twin mountain near the little river road. we can hop in cars and park at seven dwarfs motel. the guy there says the snowmobile trail is at the end of the road, and people have been out towards north twin, so hopefully we can not start breaking trail until where the 3rd brook crossing is when we head up zealand. please join us!