Long Distance Hiking Seminar, May 24 and 25, Laconia NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorboNH

Reaction score
On May 25, 2014, from 9:00-4:00, the Laconia Public Library, Main Street, Laconia, NH, will be hosting a workshop Long Distance Hiking: Developing a Personalized Plan to Hike the Appalachian Trail. Laconia lies in the foothills of the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The workshop will cover a broad range of topics, including: financial and time considerations, equipment, food, clothing, safety, leave no trace, and physical conditioning. The central focus of the workshop will be to prepare participants to thru hike or section hike the Appalachian Trail. On Sunday, May 26th a guided day hike on the AT will be offered as an optional event for workshop participants to apply there new found skills and knowledge.
The workshop will be led by long distant hiker Gordon DuBois. Gordon is a resident of New Hampton, NH and has hiked extensively in the mountains of Northern New England. He completed his AT hike in 2011 and has also thru hiked the Long Trail, The John Muir Trail and sections of the International Appalachian Trail in Quebec Canada. On the following day, May 26, Gordon will lead an optional day hike on the AT in New Hampshire to provide a hands-on learning experience.

“I attended the long distance hiking seminar you put on last year (2012) at the library. I just wanted to let you know I successfully (thru) hiked the trail (2013)! Thank you so much for all the information you gave at the seminar. I had already done a lot of research and was positive I was going to go on my hike - but you gave me the confidence that I could actually pull it off by addressing concerns I had and explaining the life on the trail. Thank you again for helping me make the first step!” Kerry Barnard aka S'Rocket

If you would like to attend this workshop you must register by May 19. There is a $30 registration fee. Send your name, phone number and email address and registration fee to Gordon DuBois, 27 Forest Pond Road, New Hampton, NH 03256. If you would like more information you may contact Gordon at [email protected] or call 603 279 0379