4K finish on Carrigain via Signal Ridge: 7-14-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Date: 7-14-13
Trail: Signal Ridge
Mtn: Carrigain

I met with Views member SteveR and his wife HA at the lot (7:00 am). There was ample parking and the trail was in decent shape. Some significant muddy sections that were avoidable with care. The trail should be much drier after today's soaring temps and more abundant sunshine. Mosquitoes were pretty thick at lower elevation but the river crossings were all very manageable.

Kibo, the Wonder Dog, enjoyed being back on the trail and encountered several friendly canine companions along the way.

Comments: HA lead the charge and even with increasing temps and high humidity we still made it to the summit in a respectable time (just under 2.5 hours). a HUGE thanks to all the people who have joined me since my start last August: Tim Lucia, Dehydrator, IQuest, SA and HA, and the many other people who have shared these amazing moments. What's next after finishing my first round of 4Ks? More hiking...:D

Z