4th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micheal the corn was perfect last year-that would be great if you wanted to do it again.

It looks like I'm going to do the steamship round again this year. So I'll be cooking on saturday while everyone is out climbing. I'll get the climbing out of the way on friday and sunday.

Friday I would like to do Gravestone Brook to Dial and Nippletop. Sunday is open, I was thinking maybe Three Peaks in the Sawtooth Range.

Hey Spence,

I haven't had time to read all the commentary as I'm heading North for the week. So, I figured I'd cut to the chase and ask if there will be room for one more person to camp @ you're place on the Friday & Saturday? Let me know!

Thanx,
Ken :confused:

There's always room for one more. I actually have room for a thousand tents, utilizing the neighbors field. It's all good. See you friday.

prino said:
Looks as though we'll only need the GPS to find our way back to the tents from the campfire as Julie has moved the date to the week before.
I'm on for bushwacking anything as soon as my damn foot heals up. I popped a nerve in it playing soccer and it's taking a toll on my hiking career.
Phil and anybody else,

I'm interested in moderate lengthed hikes so as to have plenty time and energy for socializing.

What about an end to end whack of the Willmington Range/ridge? We would "get" Willmington and Morgan. The latter is on the ADK HH list and the former will likely be eventually. Two cars are essential.

Another interesting whack might be Pelkey basin - Phelps - Tabletop (without going down to the VanHo). From Phelps to Ttop is reputed to be thicker than all get out.

We'll be there

Me and the husband will be at our first ADK BBQ. We chickened out last year because of all the rain. This will only be our 2nd VFTT gathering; looking forward to meeting you all. This will be my first time hiking ADK-guess I'll look up some decent hikes. Any must do's? We'll bring local brew and experiment with our new cookbooks for potluck.

Dreamer (Brimfield, Ma.) and Husband (Buffalo, NY)

Dreamer welcome.

Change of plans for my dinner contribution. I'm doing fajitas. BBQing some steaks and make you're own fajitas. Lettuce, tomato, peppers and onions, cheese, Guaq.

HMM. I would be up for some bushwack hiking. For some sick reason I prefer bushwacking to the trails...

Dinner contribution up in the air right now. I assume the torrid weather we are having in south Jersey will not last until August ( it was 100 yesterday and yes I still went out running at lunch time) and I will be able to bake some PB cookies to add to the mix.

For the Jays. Do Saddleback first from the top of the hill on the Glen Road. The just make a b-line for Jay. It's a very pleasent bushwhack.

Once again I'll bring the big coffee pot to start early on a timer. I'll also bring salt potatoes for the pot luck.

Contrary to an earlier post, it doesn't look good for me to finish my 46 that weekend. With luck, I'll only be at 40 or 41. I'll still be saving Phelps for my finish, though, because by the time I get there at this rate, the easier the better.

teejay

Hey ya'll I'll be there! The hubby will be out of town and I've got Friday, Sat and Sunday off. YES!

I don't have any ADK "lists" going right now, except the winter 46 (tough to do in August), so I am open to hiking just about anything. The ones that pique my interest the most are the 46 finishes, the Jay range, Sawteeth range, other bushwhacks, hikes that start at 2 am, etc.

I'll have to start thinking of something yum to bring for Saturday night.

And Sherpa--hope you'll change your mind and come anyway. I would love to hang out with you. (I've been to two BBQs before, and it rained and I never did actually hike. But I had some great times sitting under Spencer's big tent and driving around in the rain with Michael J.)

And...I'll be bringing the Penthouse again.

Hiking ideas???

Crazymama, I'm with you... except for Jay -- and don't you do it unless the weather is near perfect!! You don't want to miss the views on this beautiful hike!!

So, I'm too lazy to review the posts on the thread... I'd like to get a grip on hikes for Friday and Saturday... Spence, you planning a whack? TeeJay and Jules are both not doing 46-finishes this weekend (IIRC)... anyone else with a 46/115 finish? (who me?? I could, but - Not!!) una_dogger - early start or you'll miss partying... for me it depends on Friday hike.

So many choices out there... I'll just go along (except for Marshall...) :D

Thinking here... I've never done Hurricane. Pitchoff because there would be enough of us to do a car drop...

lay 'm out... what's on your radar??

crazymama said:
...And Sherpa--hope you'll change your mind and come anyway. I would love to hang out with you...
I've been reading the thread, and though it is so darn tempting to drive up and hang out, the combination of the long ride, clots in the leg, and sleeping on the ground just doesn;t do me good. Recuperating is also a lot more expensive than I would have guessed (all this time on my hands...), so $$$ is precious. I was amazed at how much Bearly Live took out of me. When I got home Monday I basically just tried to sleep (another one of those things that I don't do well lately. Something to do with getting off oxycontin and dilauid after all these months :( I suppose). I'll likely take a leisurely ride up to Maine on Thursday, rest in the cabin over the weekend and get stronger.

So, have a great time everyone, and know that I'll be thinking of all of you from Maine :cool:

After looking forward to this for so long I'm out this time around. :(

I guess there's always next year....