AMC Christmas Bird Count Crawford Notch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puck

Reaction score
Will be held Dec 17 this year. Plenty of time before the winter peakbagging season kicks in. Plenty of routes available. There is a good cone and Mt Ash crop this year so we could have some good birds around. It is a great way to slow down and add a different experience to your mountain experience.

Here is a sampling of some of the routes. Black Brook, Dry River, Ethan Pond- Mt Willey, Mt Clinton Rd, Rt 302 Corridor Hike (Frankenstein, Arethusa and Ripley Falls), Shoal Pond, Thoreau Falls, Tom Field, Webster –Jackson, Davis Path, Saco River Trail.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Last edited:
I really liked the Davis Path. I am willing to do it again. Have you heard from Jazzbo?

Great! Its yours. No I have not heard from him yet....its still early.

I noticed that the species high count for black back woodpecker was five last year by a circle in Alaska....we can beat that...Ill place a bounty. A beer for anyone who reports a blackback. (It would take more than one beer to assuage guilt for a lie ;))

Kind of a similar topic... we have a red-bellied woodpecker that keeps returning to our feeder (in Barrington), yearly. My understanding is that this is far outside their normal range. Is this something I should report to Audubon?

I'm not really a birder so I'm pretty clueless, obviously. ;)

Kind of a similar topic... we have a red-bellied woodpecker that keeps returning to our feeder (in Barrington), yearly. My understanding is that this is far outside their normal range. Is this something I should report to Audubon?

I'm not really a birder so I'm pretty clueless, obviously. ;)

Thier range is encroaching north. It is a good bird for you to report. list it on ebird.

Last edited:
Thanks to Paradox, I just made reservations at a certain place in Holderness. You can put me down for Davis Path with John.

Great News! I hope you are staying at that place that serves fine scotch.