any advice on snowshoe purchasing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the applied rental thing sounds like a great deal, do you know where they actually do this, course the snowshoes may be my christmas present, so who knows

jmegillon149 said:
the applied rental thing sounds like a great deal, do you know where they actually do this, course the snowshoes may be my christmas present, so who knows

Since you are in NH I am sure you visit the Whites. I would check with all three shops in the Mt. Washington Valley (Ragged Mt.,EMS, IME) I would definitely try before you buy!

Bluethroatedone:
You are actually correct, my MSR Denali EVO Ascents ('03) have the 6 inch tails, that was the only choice for them.

Remix:
In relation to the sticking issue, I have used them in various conditions and haven't noticed a particular sticking problem. I don't think I've been in very warm wet snow, but other conditions they were fine. My more standard Redfeathers tend to get a ball of wet snow right under the front crampon in wet snow conditions, I think it's a general snowshoe issue.