Anyone been to Redfield recently?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who hasn't been to Redfield?

... I haven't. I'm waiting for a supersaver airfare from Chicago. :)

All the talk lately about Redfield is KILLING me. It's the last one my sons and I have left to finish our 46. I thought about trying it this winter but couldn't see me dragging snowshoes around for the 17 or 18 mile RT (plus they mutinied on me at the mere suggestion...). My winter experience is low (we did Cascade last year and did Phelps a couple weeks ago and I was dragging after that modest hike...but had a lot of fun!). But all this talk about Redfield is getting me thinking though.....

adkleaddog

Congrats on the trip and great on the tan.

Thinking of Redfield as part of a combo for next week. How was the herdpath and snow depth? was it an all snowshoe affair?
Thanks

From the Uphill leanto, right behind it, there's flagging on two trees, and it's flagged for a bit on the herdpath, you can't miss it!

The herd path is-was quite packed down, but with the warm weather and rain it's most likely starting to turn ''rotten", unless it freezes....which it sounds like it going to do during the week...maybe crampons can be used to the summit??

Snow depth was around 2-4 feet, dependant on the location, we used snowshoes all the way..17+ miles from the Upper Works, a long day.

Have fun & be safe!