Bac Pac?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrisjrf

Reaction score
Anybody ever used these Bac Pac things? They're apparently available at the Lincoln Woods Vistor Center, according to this sign I saw in a privy at the Franconia Brook campsite.

bacpac.jpg

Wu says he uses them as dietary supplements to help aid digestion, but I find that claim somewhat dubious...since they seemed to taste pretty awful to me.

If this is the same stuff that was sold as Bac Pac by Bioquest, which was(is?) a larger serving in a biodegradable bag, then yes it actually does work fantastic to bring pit toilet volumes down significantly......when applied directly into the pit.

If this is the same stuff that was sold as Bac Pac by Bioquest, which was(is?) a larger serving in a biodegradable bag, then yes it actually does work fantastic to bring pit toilet volumes down significantly......when applied directly into the pit.
So you're not supposed to eat them???

-Dr. Wu

are those the same as the mints they put in urinals?

a concentrated dry blend of stabilized bacterial spores and enzymes designed to increase digestion of Fat, Oil, and Grease as well as other difficult and non-biodegradable compounds.

Without getting too deep into the chemistry of Wu's poo, do we really pass enough fat, oil, and grease in human stool such that this product will make a difference in a pit toilet?

So you're not supposed to eat them???

-Dr. Wu

No, you idiot. What is wrong with you? You rub it on your thighs and belly and some people their a**es. :D:p Let those little microbes do their business. It is a basically a tamed version of the flesh eating bacteria. Wax on, wax off. Also can clear up your skin and gets rid of zits.

Keith

A Smile

Thank you for putting a smile on my face tonight with this thread. I am sitting here with cosiderable pain in both my knees because I tore the ligaments behind my kneecaps this weekend.:eek:
Tomorrow morning,Wednesday, the doctor will tell me when my MRI will be to determing how bad the damage really is.
Had to cancel my 4 day hike in the Adirondacks next week and looking at the summers schedule of hiking I had planned that might not happen I was getting somewhat depressed.
Then I read this thread!
Thanks for the humor.:)