Bad news from the Cog railway

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would I be correct in assuming that if one were going for a dayhike, then it would be free parking? Gee, I would even be willing to splurge on the 5$ just for the convenience. Thanks Roy

bob, what about the batteries from your walkman, remote control etc? you recycling those bad boys? just checkin big guy ;)

Thanks for bringing that up, Big O...

Rechargable NiMH, baby -- none of that NiCad toxicity -- and cheaper and better cold weather performance than alkalines, too!

Big Oaf said:
... just checkin big guy ;)

No, you're the Big Oa-- I mean -- guy!

Last edited:
About those Cog RR riders...

I do admit a certain bit of irony with the Cog Railway parking situation. When I read about the new skiing, I thought this would ensure access and parking for hikers. I know it has been possible in past winters but no one seemed to be willing to admit it officially. So the Cog seems to be worried that the parking lot will be filled with free-loading hikers not pass-buying skiers.

I have hiked Mount Washington plenty of times. And when it was tourist season, I felt major superiority to those who used the Cog or Auto Road. Yes, those tourists are annoying and can spoil the experience.

But think about all that money they spend. The fees, the T-shirts and chili dogs all help subsidize my fun. Besides the yearly White Mountain parking sticker, I'm not paying anything to hike the Presis. I've had a lot of great adventures on that range. All these jet-skiing, lazy tourists are paying too much money so I can have an experience they don't want.

Maybe we should bring snow shovels and clear spaces in the hiking parking lot ourselves? It's not like we are lazy jet-skiing tourists. :D

I have never felt superior to anyone.

Well perhaps to Yankees fans this year...and to Steelers fans in about 12 hours. ;) :D ;)

Peace.

burley, you sound like a total knob. the fact that you just joined the forum and this is your first post it's you obvious you wanna start trouble so beat it.

Burley said:
I felt major superiority to those who used the Cog or Auto Road. Yes, those tourists are annoying and can spoil the experience.
:D

I'll bet you were glad the 'tourists' were out when you had your fall. We are all tourists after all. Anyway I'm happy to hear (according to the AMC forum) you are okay.

Big Oaf said:
burley, you sound like a total knob. the fact that you just joined the forum and this is your first post it's you obvious you wanna start trouble so beat it.

A knob? Let's face it, deep down, when we scale Mt Washington and are confronted by the tourists at the top, there is an element of pride one feels in the accomplishment - call it superiority or whatever. BTW, you aren't exactly a veteran with your 10 posts... :D

Last edited:
easy mr. holyier than thou. no question there is a sense of accomplishment at hiking to the top. but why direct negative energy at the tourists? bad karma dude. your no better than anyone else so dummy up.

Big Oaf said:
easy mr. holyier than thou. no question there is a sense of accomplishment at hiking to the top. but why direct negative energy at the tourists? bad karma dude. your no better than anyone else so dummy up.

Sorry dude, but you were the one elevating yourself over Burley. I don't believe in Karma or negative energy either. Have a wonderful day and think happy thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.