Bannff Film Fest.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATWilky

Reaction score
To all who live in CT., North Cove Outfitter's is presenting a great film fest..Tofind the showing near you go to www.northcove.com and look under "EVENTS".To the rest of New England and New York,check out www.banffcentre.ca. and look up under "mountain culture".They have a listing of all the states that the fest. is going to.If you can make one of these shows do so ,as youwill see some great film's.

Cannot get your Banff link to open. I saw this film festival in Somerville, MA last year. It showed some amazing outdoor adventures and expeditions. Very enjoyable. Friends saw it in Portland, ME, too. Thanks for the reminder.

Here's the link without the period at the end, which was the problem -- www.banffcentre.ca -- you can find the schedules if you click on the events link.

I was looking forward to catching the festival this year, but I'll be traipsing around New Zealand when it's in my area. Ah well... :)

- Ivy

Last edited:
Banff Film Fest will be in Maine on the 13, 14 and 15 of Feb. -- maybe more days, too. It is fantastic -- I go every year. I recommend it to anyone who is able to get to it. There is usually a great variety of outdoors adventure films, from 10 min. long to more -- every showing is different.

Laura

Film fest

I went to the Banff Mountain Film Festival last year for the first time. It was terrific! It will be in Rochester, NY next month, and I just made arrangements to go again. It draws a big crowd, so buy tickets ahead of time, and get there early. -ALG

Banff Mountain Film Festival

I go to one of the two nights every year at the Sommerville Theater. They play a different selection of films each night, it's kind of a crap shoot as to which films you get. I find the festival uneven, some films are amazing, others only "eh". But I still go each year...

-dave-

Dave,

Drop me an email prior to the show. I'd like to go with you if I am around. Maybe we can get the D square crew together.

- darren

Dave,

Any idea what time these shows are scheduled? I might make it out for one of them. I might also try to catch the show in Worchester on Sunday. Information is sparse for timings and films chosen for the showings . . . Anyone have any more info?

sli74

sli74:

I think they pick the movies they show right before they show them. My experience is that they are not publicized at all. Others may have other experience.

Enjoy! Laura

Banff Film Festival

I have been going to this event in Somerville both nights for a couple of years. I can say that the mixture of films is always interesting. I think the movies I saw about the unicycler going up the volcano in Mexico was strange, BASE jumping stranger, but movies about things like climbing the Eiger great. I would say that is worth going both nights. Last time I checked, the tickets were not on sale yet through Ticketscalper, but that may have changed.

Hey Aaron,

Yeah, I will be at Pat and Audrey's the night of the RPI showing but I am considering making the trip to Somerville for one of the two nights there. If I can I might make it for both nights there. Maybe we can co-ordinate if others are going.

sli74

Saw it last night

I was at the 1stof 3 showing of the BMFF in Montreal last night. Did see a few VFTTers there like Meo and High Clearance.
As usual, it was very entertaining. I particularly loved a movie called:
"Eiger North Face: In the footsteps of it's first climbers" which shows 2 swiss climbers replicating the historical first successfull climb of the north face of Eiger moutain in Switzerland using equipment from 1938.
Don't miss it!