blue hills - nights?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't park on roads in the park near the HQ or Houghtons at night. Should be able to at one of businesses on 138 or near 28(by a candy bar or a drink to keep them happy).
Hawk Hill and Buck Hill are nice as are the little hollows between. Planes from Logan sometimes fly pretty low over them. On west side of 28 below Buck Hill (I think) there is a stand of big old Hemlocks and I have read on the local American Chestnut website that they have found some small American Chestnuts and are keeping an eye on them for possible use in all the stuff they doing to finalize a blight resistant tree. But I don't know where those trees are. About two weeks ago they had a pretty big fire in there over by Quincy.

When are you going? I would be interested but wouldn't want to make the group too big.

hey hikerfast - yea - i think it kind of fizzled for this week- the planning got moved to the beerfest thread and stuff came up for most and then the rain - lets try for next week

Please post details when you get them. I'd love to do some evening hiking in my backyard, and I have never hiked with any of you before. Look foreward to meeting you.
bruised