Boston Beer Night to Celebrate Mats 40th Bday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
Tuesday will be Mats’ 40th birthday

The party will start on Tuesday 11/20 at 6pm at Jillian’s across from Fenway Park in Boston.

http://www.jilliansboston.com/

For those of you who know Jillian’s – it is pretty big….so I thought we could all gather around a bowling ally at Lucky Strikes…which is located right inside Jillian’s.

http://www.luckystrikeboston.com/

Should be loads of hikers there.

Changed my avatar for the occasion.......the copyright for it belongs to skimom though........computer savvy she is...... :D

That avatar is, ...., disturbing. Words fail me.

See you tomorrow night.

And who knew Gillian had her own pool hall? :eek:

Two beer nights within five days. Spectacular! Lucky Lanes (at Jillians) is spacious and should be fun. Great choice.

Not so spectacular is that I have a meeting at 6:00. I won't be far away, so I'll head over if it is not too late.

Hey Mats - Thanks for being born! You rock.

Last edited:
Mats Roing said:
Changed my avatar for the occasion.......the copyright for it belongs to skimom though........computer savvy she is...... :D

Uh..thanks for that. <shudder> Brings to mind "The Fly." "Heeeelllllp meeee, heeeellllppp, meeee...."

About a 50% chance RS and I will be there. If not, Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
Have a conflict that night but Happy Birthday, Mats. Heck, 40 is nothing ... I can't wait to turn 40 ... again.

Thanks everyone for last night :)

Even Bobby showed up in full combat outfit! Ankle-TLC Hamtero and Gillian made it as well as a combat-outfitted Bobby. Skimom battled the weather gods for a while in the Boston traffic and Dave Metsky always shows up.
The bowling lanes kept us busy for a long time......some of us hiked to Kenmore Square for part 2 at UNO's......

I don't think anyone took pictures.......sometimes that's good :D

yea mats - sorry I couldn't make it - family obligations, etc. and I am heading out to get totally ripped tonight. too old for 2 nights in a row. hangover hungry's should be good on turkey day :eek:

but - it couldn't have been that good if your online at 8:30am :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

happy b day man - its been a wild year and a damn fun one since ya popped on the VFTT scene.

Great time last night !

Got a nice egg bruise on my leg where I hit myself with a bowling ball. Uncoordinated as I am. And, luckily no one got hit with the one I let fly backwards :eek:

Good times. Good times.

Mats, sorry to have missed this one. Great getting to know you this year! Looking forward to sharing many hangovers in the future!

Now folks, bowling? My recollection of bowling had nothing to do with balls and lanes. More like lighters and ...

Bowling????

Now about that avatar... arm knows that I am the ORIGINAL Old Man of the Mountains (and he has the picture to prove it)

Next party at SkiMom's? ;)

Ya shoulda done candlepin (real bowling!) instead of that weird stuff with the huge bowling balls and tiny pins.
:D

Now go nurse those hangovers...