Brown ash swamp bike trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLE

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the "Brown ash swamp" bike trail that leaves the Welch-Dickey loop just above the parking lot and extends to Tripoli rd? Seems as though it might make a great bike loop trip possible.

Thanks for any info!

What's to know? A lot of it is old woods roads, it crosses a couple divides on the way. I've hiked a couple sections but never biked it.

The Forest Service planned to log the Mill Brook area via this route from Tripoli Road when the town forbade log trucks on Mill Brook Road.

This ride is listed in "Mountain Biking the White Mountains West"...

An older guidebook from Falcon Guides by J. Richard Dornan. I got my copy at Ski Fanatics in Campton, but I am pretty sure you can find it at EMS and other stores as well. The book is about 10 years old, but I have found the descriptions accurate in the main.

I haven't done the Brown Ash Swamp ride, but this book lists it as 6.3 miles starting at Tripoli Road and connecting into Dickey Notch Trail on the other end. The guide lists it as moderate aerobic difficulty, with variable techinical difficult from "pretty easy" on three miles of jeep trails to "very challenging" on 2 miles of tight singletrack (paraphrasing here).

They suggest linking this ride with several others in the area for a full day.