Camera found on Osseo Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Reaction score
Our group stumbled across a camera (thanks Jaytrek) on the Osseo Trail (Mt. Flume in NH) on Sunday, January 4th. If you lost it, please e-mail me describing the model of the camera and let me now how to return it to you. There are some pictures on the memory chip, and I'll download them in an attempt to find out more information as to the rightful owner. If it's yours, and to calm your fears in the meantime, it seems to be in perfect condition and fully functional.

Here's a link to my photo page with 4 pics of the group and their dog...if you know who these people are, please contact me.

http://community.webshots.com/user/maxyboy17 Click on the Osseo Trail Album

Max

[email protected]

Last edited:
higher res photo?

Is the version of a higher resolution? If so, I might be able extract a license plate # off the subaru. Tried doing some photoshop tricks with it at 640x480, but it's too small.

[email protected]

I've sent Kevin an email asking him if its his...no reply so far. Also, on the original photo, the plate number on the Subaru is perfectly readable. Not sure it was a guaranteel that the vehicle was owned by a member of the group, but if all else fails here in the next few days, I will contact the NH DMV and ask if they can aid by contacting the owner of that vehicle.

Max

El-bagr..I also thought it might be Brutus, but, and size can be deceptive in photos, but, I remember Brutus being larger than that....I don't know how many other Newf's hike in the Whites so you are probably right.

Last edited:
Kevin,

We have to hear the story of how the camera was left behind! There was a lot of speculation in our group about what the last photos on the memory card would show - "a hiker being dragged into the woods by a bear" - "a guy toking on a bong", etc...

What were the first two words out of your mouth when you reallized it was missing?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Max, Many thanks for finding my camera. I took the only summit pictures that day which for most of us was our first "Winter conditions" hike.

To Turnbill, I think I would have preferred to say a bear dragging me into the woods is how I lost it. Unfortunately, it was a bio break. And the first 2 words were as universal as can be " OH S__T."

Yeah Dave, I figured those were the words. And Jaytrek57 deserves a lot of credit for spotting the camera after we had all been standing right next to it for 5 minutes. I'm amazed it still works - it was pretty wet when we found it.