Camping At Liberty Cabin

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngblood

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about camping at the liberty cabin near the summit of Mt. Chocorua?? Is it open to anyone? Do you have to reserve it? How much does it cost for a one night stay? What is it like inside? Is there a wood stove? I would really appreciate any information on this cabin. Thanks a lot!!!!!

Youngblood

Inside Liberty Cabin

Not a great photo, but maybe this will give you an idea of what the inside of Liberty Cabin looks like. No stove. Photos C-60 thru C-65 were taken at the cabin. Great setting just below the summit of Chocorua. Here is the link.

Last edited:
As Dave said, the cabin is free and open to anyone. I've stayed there a number of times. Keep in mind there is no water source nearby. Either carry all your water or melt some snow.

Also, there used to be (is?) and outhouse a couple hundred yards down the trail. I haven't been there in years so I'm not sure if it is still there.

youngblood said:
Does anyone know anything about camping at the liberty cabin near the summit of Mt. Chocorua??
You can only stay IN the cabin, camping outside if it is full is not allowed