can+chocolate=fire?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting. It'd be fun to test it out, but I'd probably end up burning my fingers. :D

This was recently posted on Whiteblaze. While it might work, the practicality seems bit useless. After all, if you are going to keep a can of coke and a chocolate bar with you for emergency, why not just get a small knife with a magnifying glass in it, or carry a spare bic lighter.

Even better, since you can get the same results with very fine steel wool, why not carry a bit of that and hope you come across that same Coke can. The other alternative is to polisha a coke can bottom and just carry it with you and hope for a sunny day in the event of an emergency! :)

I suppose if you were in a plane crash and all you had left was a coke and a piece of chocolate, I would still try to find something - even a piece of fabric and some spittle to polish the can and save the chocolate for those hunger pangs.

Last edited:
The bottom of your Pepsi stove?

But how about polishing the bottom of your Pepsi alchy stove? This little trick can come in handy to light kindeling.

Pretty neat idea about the bottom of the can. I will have to try it, since I do use a Pepsi can alcohol stove. Probably should polish the bottom of my stove as an last resort emergency. I hope my preparations and planning keep me from actually having to resort to this, but you never know.

They showed the Coke can and chocolate firestarter on an episode of Mythbusters about 2 weeks ago. It worked, but involved alot of polishing to get the bottom of the can REAL shiny. Just carry a windproof lighter!!