Caribou Valley RD

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the Caribou Valley Rd is open yet?
It is open all year.Just not for cars:)I believe you mean when does the snow melt on it enough to drive to the spot 1/2 mile before the a.t.?I would think now or very soon.Two more weeks you should be fine,if this past winter did not do too much damage....Good luck....

Last edited:
You're correct, I did mean for cars. We are hopeing to use it the weekend of May 18 & 19 to hike the Crockers and Redington. If it's not drivable then we may have to hike the AT from the highway.

You're correct, I did mean for cars. We are hopeing to use it the weekend of May 18 & 19 to hike the Crockers and Redington. If it's not drivable then we may have to hike the AT from the highway.
you should be able to get in a good ways before the need to park.Crockers from the 27 is really nice.longer way to do it,but very nice...check in with sue at the stratton inn for possible current conditions....she is a peach....and have fun!

Last edited:
Caribou Valley Rd is open. We were able to drive up to the Jersey barriers (3.9 miles) without a problem in my Hyundai Santa Fe AWD. One of the Jersey barriers has been moved from in front of the metal bridge. A vehicle (probably a truck) had driven up to the 6 mile marker, although you could tell he bottomed out a number of times by the looks of the dislodged boulders in the road. I would not recommend driving farther than the metal bridge.