Central Gully (Huntington Ravine) January 13, 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SABERG said:
The rope team was it all eight or broken up to smaller groups?
We were initially prepared for 2 teams, somehow decided to go with one.

Chip said:
Thanks for posting. I'm getting close to getting back into climbing. Pictures like this are inspiring me on ! This one should be published !
Well, actually Dave Metsky encouraged me to post this, I wasn't going to and thank you for your very kind words.

TMax said:
The West and all it's climbs are waiting for you.
Hmm.. not sure I'm ready for them thou, I don't want to be the first to summit Rainier with bottle oxygen :eek:

albee said:
...I don't want to sound like this wasn't an achievement, though....Every successful outing like this gives you a bit more of a skill set to draw upon for your next adventure.
No worry, I have no interest to compete with others, just to out done myself and improve my skill and confidence at my own pace.

Thanks all for very encouraging words, glad you enjoy the pictures.

Last edited:
IMG_0698.jpg

Looks like you had an awesome day! The rocks on pinnacle butress look almost transparent! Gives the picture a very khumbo ice fall feel.

Central is such an awesome introduction to the more technical aspects of mountaineering. I take it the ice bulge was not terribly icey yet. Some years you actually have to climb over it, last year I placed two screws there.

It looks like you guys were roped up for the journey. I would definitely use caution in this configuration. One member has the ability, and the likelyhood of pulling all members of the party off, even with pickets. Pickets do make the system better, but snow conditions do not always dictate their use. Take a look at this:
http://www.chauvinguides.com/selfrescue/alpinesnow.cfm

Your website is very nice by the way.

-percious

Alright Hui Yeng!!!!! :D (someone needs to pound Adrian!!)

Everyone said what I was going to say... Chip even posted the picture that I thought really stood out!! Great shot. percious even said what I have thought right along - your web-album is the best. I really enjoy it (and nothing to do with being in it, either!!)

Keep it up. Let get out again... talk to me before going anywhere with cbcbd ;)

Awesome photos. I really enjoyed checking them out. Thanks for posting.

Nice job, glad you had so much fun.

- darren

bubba said:
Keep it up. Let get out again... talk to me before going anywhere with cbcbd ;)
Hey now!

And yeah, that's an awesome website you got going!

Now we just have to get her to camp out!! I'm thinking some great backpacking trips this summer..... Come on HuiYeng!!

Awesome pics - you are really going after it! Rainer here she comes!

Abster said:
Now we just have to get her to camp out!! I'm thinking some great backpacking trips this summer..... Come on HuiYeng!!
It's even better in winter--no bugs, you can make a tent platform in a wide variety of places, and water is everywhere (at least if you wait long enough for winter to arrive...).

Doug